ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cracked ktec stealth

Clio 172
After my problems with cat and lambda, I have noticed today I've got a crack around the weld on the first silencer of my stealth!
This a common thing?! Been on a little over a year...
Contacted them and sent pictures but just wondering if anyones had a similar problem?

Clio 172
Yeah they're really helpful, just thought that it had a lifetime guarantee it would last longer than a year...

Don't say that, I kick myself for not getting the straight through centre haha.

mild steel or stainless? if mild steel i welded my exhaust up 3 times due to cracking near the silencer before replacing it with the stainless stealth system. it was low though so the ground probably didnt help it.

I wasnt the original owner so no warranty.

Clio 172
Its a stainless!
bit gutted really as they're not cheap...although I suppose it makes it easier to replace my cat having the whole lot off.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Don't see many problems with them, but it happens sometimes. Poor condition of hangers and engine mounts will contribute. If you're grounding out at all then its not down to anything but that

Clio 172
It seems to sit quite low when on the car, I had all new engine mounts, exhaust mounts and cat fixing kit when I put the engine and exhaust on at the same time.
Spent ages lining it up and fitting it.
On the plus side swapped my lambda and hesitation and misfire stopped :)