ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cracked screen

DCi
I cracked my screen

£75 excess insurance or should I have a go replacing myself ? I'm handy enough but not sure if replacement kits are any good

Megane 225 f1
Ive done 2 i phones (i assume thats what your on about) a 6 and a 7. Both times used screens from amazon paid about £50 both screens absolutley fine. Go for ones with good reviews, as ever you get what you pay for!

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
My missus got hers changed by a local shop for about £90 I think it was, cracking job (excuse the pun) for the sake of an extra few quid I'd let someone else do it lol.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Easy enough to do, easier if you have a suction cup to pull out the screen.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Apple charged me £80 with 1 yr warranty I think. As above, if the screen is £50, defo dont think id be doing it myself!

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
Leave it cracked and do this, almost worth having the screen cracked for..

IMG_2219.JPG

DCi
Ive done 2 i phones (i assume thats what your on about) a 6 and a 7. Both times used screens from amazon paid about £50 both screens absolutley fine. Go for ones with good reviews, as ever you get what you pay for!
I'm going with this.

the thing on amazon comes with a kit with the funny screw driver + suction cup so winner winner.

Clio 197
Be careful you don't buy the screens with a worse resolution than the original. Seem to be plenty of those on there

2014 Clio 200t edc
I changed a 5 screen which was surprisingly easy. However the screen I purchased was cheap and didn't last long really before being hard to use. (Either that or I messed up) get someone else to do it. There's always people on bookface who do it.

RS4
£50 seems like quite alot for just the screen. I could probably sell mine with a broken screen and buy another with a fixed one for less than that.

Are there any cheaper but decent screens?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Looking at the price of parts on eBay I bet I could build an iPhone 7 for £200.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
How much will Apple charge now for a replacement screen on a iPhone 6+ ? Is it while you wait in store

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
The prices are on the Apple website if you search for it... I think it's £179

They'll probably just give you a brand new handset and refurb yours later on.