ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cracked Sump! Any ideas

My car went in for some work done cost me £2495 in total got it back noticed an oil leak. So i took the car back to this garage and he said he couldnt find anything and told me to bring it back next day, during this time i took it around to a bloke a know who told me the sump had been dropped when he did the work and put an airline crack about 1" long next to the sump plug.

After taking it back to the original garage he said he had found it and sorted it, said he brazied it up. He only went and glued it so now it is still leaking and ideas where i can take it to get done right and how much i will be looking at paying.

cheers

if they damaged it then they should replace it, but.. a cracked sump is not that difficult to fix, the garage sounds like a bit of a carp un,

do you mind me asking what you had done for £2.5k? i just cant see how a garage bill can amount to that much

1st how would i fix it? or how can it be done?

2nd - the car originally went in for a clutch but at the same time the clutch went it boiled over and wouldnt start so it had the following done in the end: recovery of vehicle, 45hrs labour at £25hr, clutch kit, head gasket set, auto electrcian to replace fly wheel sensor, exhaust, radiator, thermostat, header tank, heat shield, knock sensor, cam belt+tensioner+pully kit, alternator belt, speedo cable, clutch cable, oil, gear oil, coolant.

the car had also not been serviced for 15,000 miles so you can imagine the other stuff pads, disc etc. all the parts were renault aswell. He had the car for 5 weeks got it back exhaust is knackered, leaking oil he tried to fix it with araldite, its a right mess he quoted me £1100 and then chucked that bill off 2495 on me an hour before i had to pick up the car. i am well pissed with him didnt realise till i got home with the car tonite it was still leaking after being back in at his place. The unlucky thing is my old mans best mate is a mailto:s@~t">s@~t hot mechanic but he wont touch my car cos he says there too much of a pain and he is the only guy in donny who would do it.

Id have it taken to somewhere like Hill Power to have it done properly. Thats the only way out unless you sell it.

Bloody hell, this bloke sounds like he hasnt got a clue. £1100 for an oil leak to be sorted, after he caused it? If he dropped the car on the sump, what other damage has been done. Could this be why it needed new disks?

I should go to trading standards, although I suppose you cant prove anything.

Get a sump from a renault breakers and find a garage who will fit it and do a good job, if you cant do it yourself that is. Its not that difficult, just messy!

GONE TO TRADING STANDARDS, IVE GOT A WRITTEN REPORT FROM RENAULT SAYING THERE WAS NO OIL LEAK 2 MONTHS AGO, IVE TOOK PHOTOS OF THE LEAK, GOT A WRITTEN QUOTE OF £447 FOR A NEW ONE FROM RENAULT FITTED. ALSO RENAULT HAVE STATED TODAY THE OIL LEAK AS BEEN THERE FOR 2 WEEKS AT THE MOST. SO WHATS EVERYONE RECKON IL GET IT, OR WILL HE LIE OUT OF THE BACK OF THIS TEETH AND GET AWAY WITH IT.

Go for it, get him for all you can. There must be so much of this going on that we dont know about.

I cant stand dishonest garages and they should get whats coming to them.

Good luck!