ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

crackly speakers on the right

Renault Clio mk2 RSi 16v
hi all , all my speakers on the right are all crackly , the left is ok tho . when i go over a bumper i crackalls more . it doesnt change when you turn it up it just stays the same .

all i can think off is that ive got a lose connection some where . any ideas ?

Racing Blue FF182
i had problems with my 1.6, sometimes moustures gets behind the speakers and causes them to stop or be intermitemt, check that it isnt damp, if it is dry the connections of and clean any corrosion of the contacts if there is any.

visualize whirled pe
have you tried the obvious of checking the connections on the back of the speaker and head unit

Yep, I think this is what the problem will be, if it's both speakers on one side more lightly the HU connection, just make sure you have your security code to re-enter if you unplug it.

If the connections look ok on the HU and you've checked the ones on the speakers take the crackly speaker out while playing some music through the speaker and wiggle the wires on the front doors where the wires exit the door and go through the rubber tube bridging the gap to the A-pillar.
This is unlightly to be the problem but wires can (usually on older cars) break inside their plastic casing because copper can only bend with the opening and closing of the door so many times before it goes stiff and snaps, from the outside the wires themselves will look fine.

ClioSport 172 Cup
I also started getting this problem. The entire right channel on my car will cut out/crackle then come back on when i hit bumps etc. lol , i`m guessing its a loose wire on the HU block connector.

Sam

Freetrack&Monaco 172
I'm a lefty........my front left crackles over bumps infrequently.......my thoughts are loose or corroded connection but been to busy to check......should have time tomorrow and will give you a heads-up!