ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

crank shaft sensor fitting

172 cup
had a trouble starting the car to day . and have been told by the aa man that it is most likely to be the c s sensor . is this a diy job or should i take it to the garage. is it easy to do or not ..plus where is it thanks garry,,,,,,,,,,,,,

pimp mobile Zafira
It's definatly a DIY job it's just a fiddly bugger. There is a guide on here. Basically you'll need to remove the air filter and housing. If I remember correctly Renault devised a complete new part due to this being a common problem.

172 berg, Fabia VRS
Type crankshaft sensor in the search bar and its the second thread mate
theres a photo of where its located

2 x 10 mm bolts iirc and just pops out

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
the wiring bit is the only hard bit due to lack of space. Definitely worth getting the updated parts though

172 cup
thanks for the advice . have just orderd part off ebay . will have a go at fitting when i get it .......

172 cup
had a go today at fiting the c s sensor and all went well . i had a few practice goes with my wire stripper before i did the cut as there is not a lot of wire on the loom side to play with. managed to do the soldering even tho you could probley get away with not doing that . all back together and it fired up . thanks for the help all ,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Renault Clio Sport
had a go today at fiting the c s sensor and all went well . i had a few practice goes with my wire stripper before i did the cut as there is not a lot of wire on the loom side to play with. managed to do the soldering even tho you could probley get away with not doing that . all back together and it fired up . thanks for the help all ,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Hi mate having same problem I'm going to replace spark plugs ht leads and coil pack. Came to change new crank sensor but what cable goes with which one? Pink and brown on new one and white and brown on old loom? And how did you bolt it on because it seems to me that the new sensor plug is in the way to folks back in the same position? Cheers

clio sport 182
Hi mate having same problem I'm going to replace spark plugs ht leads and coil pack. Came to change new crank sensor but what cable goes with which one? Pink and brown on new one and white and brown on old loom? And how did you bolt it on because it seems to me that the new sensor plug is in the way to folks back in the same position? Cheers

does anybody know the answer to this question i am about to change me sensor and dont know which wire goes to which?