ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Crap

172 Cup
The other day two of my spark plugs desintigrated and parts fell into the cylinder head.

fookedplugs.JPG

That doesn't really matter because the new plugs wouldn't screw in anyway as old plugs took some of the thread with them. Fingers crossed the plug holes can be re-drilled.

I noticed that the inlets look like they've been attacked with a dremel multi-tool. I take it this is normal and they all look like this?

inlets.JPG

Also has anyone else had this plroblem before?

Vw caddy tdi
dont think that looks 2 clever suposed to be rough help mix air/fuel inside.. just diameter increased to gasket size for effective gain. that just looks bit dodgey maybe why your fueling mixture detonating plugs!!;)

Lionel Richie
run a compression test on the engine before you do anything, i bet you've got damaged valves there chap

Vw caddy tdi
ahh it's his head in the picture, not inlet manifold! Never had look at standard or ported head inlets on 172 to notice any differences sorry.

172 Cup
The car is running fine now. Hours were spent with telescopic magnet incase the remains of the plugs were in there. Didn't want them flying up and bending the valves out of shape. Couldn't find anything so had the plug holes helicoiled and all has been fine. Bit lucky I suppose.