ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Crappy old transit.....>...... Amazing Transit!

Maybe a 172 Cup..
Just needs some new plates and wheels to complete. Awesome job!

Better than a clio in the twisties as well...

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
That was three years ago - bet it doesn't look like that now! In fact it probably didn't last more than a week or two.

Looks like there was good craic to be had and a real achievement at the end of the day.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
That was three years ago - bet it doesn't look like that now! In fact it probably didn't last more than a week or two.

Looks like there was good craic to be had and a real achievement at the end of the day.

Thats the problem with old red flat paint, my mrs used to polish the corsa for each event we did as a month later it would be starting to go pink again even with trendy anti UV products applied

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Thats the problem with old red flat paint, my mrs used to polish the corsa for each event we did as a month later it would be starting to go pink again even with trendy anti UV products applied

LOL! I did my Red Mk2 Cavalier SRI 130 last year, on the saturday iirc. I then went to Devon with the family on the sunday morning. I came back on sunday morning a week later, and it looked nearly as bad as it did before I did it!

Dreadful paint, that old flat red.

320d
Wish I had the enthusiasm to do something like this. I love my car but would rather drive it than clean it unfortunately.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
f**k me, they all make Gally look almost normal.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
f**k me, they all make Gally look almost normal.
its weird cause girls into detailing (well the limited few I know) are normally pretty reasonable looking, but the blokes always are neary always weirdo nerdy looking types who look like when not detailing they are playing world of Warcraft etc.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
its weird cause girls into detailing (well the limited few I know) are normally pretty reasonable looking, but the blokes always are neary always weirdo nerdy looking types who look like when not detailing they are playing world of Warcraft etc.

That reminds me, I still have your DA :eek:

We're detailing geeks really.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
surely some cost to do that!

If you were paying 4 people an hourly rate for a 10 hour day then yes it would come to the value of the transit I would think, if your time has no value though cause you are doing it for fun, then just a few dozen quid in products and pads I guess.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Regardless of how geeky Dave is, still gotta love his knowledge and abilities.

lol, now i know why i dont ever clean my car. Im normal.

Those lot look like they've been let out of the mental shop for the day :slap:...

Dave.jpg

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Looks so much better.

I need to do mine, it's f**king minging.
Finger marks all over the bootlid etc.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Lol, obviously some good workmanship but what an immense waste of time. If you want to have a laugh with your mates, I'm pretty sure there are better things to do than detail a sh*tty old van?

People with clean vans = wierdos.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
:(

I wash mine religiously. I even dress the tyres.

If you could have an out of body experience while you were doing it though, you'd think "wtf am I doing".

In all fairness it depends how you use them. My car is always spotless, last week I spent 6 hours cleaning it. My van hasn't been washed in about 3 years, inside or out. As soon as I take it on site it is destroyed in mud. Just isn't worth the effort.

Not a 320d
Regardless of how geeky Dave is, still gotta love his knowledge and abilities.

True, but he does my f**king nut in sometimes, especially when the other DW members start digging their noses deep into his arse hole. Its sickening to look at.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
At the end of the day, its cleaning stuff, calling it "detailing" just cause you do it quite thoroughly doesnt change the fact you are choosing to spend your spare time doing a slightly tarted up version of a minimum wage job for free, lol

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
If you could have an out of body experience while you were doing it though, you'd think "wtf am I doing".

In all fairness it depends how you use them. My car is always spotless, last week I spent 6 hours cleaning it. My van hasn't been washed in about 3 years, inside or out. As soon as I take it on site it is destroyed in mud. Just isn't worth the effort.

I spend a LOT of time in my van, that's why I like it clean and tidy.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
and a week later,he took it to the local automated car wash amd royally f#cked off all their hard work I bet. can't question the turn around though

An orange one
Its definately improved but jeez FFS if you want a laugh with your mates go down the pub!!!

Poopensharten

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
That chinese dude looks like Micheal McIntyre. And he's wearing Turkish cat boots.

Just thought i'd point that out there.