ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Crash logging on modern ECU

Renault Clio RS 182
This is purely for my own interest rather than solving a problem I have.

Like a lot of us on here my Clio 182 is old and has relatively limited recording facilities on its ECU... compared to a modern vehicle. Having watched a crash repair of 70 reg Range Rover on youTube [where all the air bags were deployed], I was intrigued to know the situation with the ECU. I figured it will have recorded this... along with probably a whole host of other data - date/time it happened, g-measurements for impact etc... but I'm not sure. Also, the guy repairing it said he was going to clear all of this from the ECU before he sold it on. I was surprised to learn that the 'black box' data from something like this was eraseable.

Maybe somebody who has something more modern... and/or works on them for a living might be able to educate us.