ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Crashed me clio

Ive just crashed the clio in a brick wall.

Came to a little ghey round about hit the breaks to slow down next thing i know the wheels are locked and im sliding across the road with a wall comming towards me so im going mad trying to turn the car so its not head on and luckily i managed to get it at an angle so the left corner side hits first.

Dad came out, get the aa out son.

They come out and took it away. Looks like its a write off.

Gotta wait for the insurance now.

Im not hurt but am pissed off at how the car just slid like that. ok so its my fault i knew the conditions and should have been going about 20 to suit the conditions and should not have gone down so hard on the break and what not but this has to be the most [sh*t me pants] moments ever.

Anyway i am now f**ked with no car. I have no means of getting to work or uni, or even going out.

Just gotta wait. Great.

Looks like Project clio will be R.I.P.

Oh no!! Sorry to hear that mate!! :(

Thats sh!t, but like everyone will tell ya, at least you werent hurt.

Hope it all gets sorted on the insurance soon though!

Mk IV 200 RS trophy

unluckly mate. hope the insurance sorts it out quick for you.

oh and at least your OK...!

2002 Clio Dynamic

I had the same thing happen to me,but i didnt have any insurance so i couldnt claim so all the mods i had done and care i had took of my clio went down the spout!

At least you can use the money from the insurance for a new project!

Not much but its a wee bright side out of it!

yeah.

Well the insurance were very helpfuly and its all been sorted today. I just need to wait till monday now to see if i can get meself a courtsey (or however its spelt) car [a cup maybe :) ]

Even today its been a bloody nightmare. Lifts to and from work, cant go out, cant even go down the kebab house to get me tea unless i walk :(

Oh well dunno what car ill be getting once this is all sorted.

Lots of Alfas

.....bugger, sorry for you, least your ok. After reading all these posts on here about crashes Ive decided to drive a lot slower. I used to have too much confidence in the grip and handling!

seems everyone is crashing at the moment.

Mate wrote off his golf, have heard of other people having accidents bloody terrible month.

really sorry to hear that :( it makes you feel sh*te which is the worst thing

hope the insurance sorts itself out soon

vix :)

Yeah just waiting on a curtosy car at the moment. should have one by tommorow.

The worst thing is having to get lifts everywhere, as i love driving and its only been 3 days but i miss it! and i miss my clio lol

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

thats terrible mate, sorry to hear, getting another clio? has ur insurance gone up now then??

Well its a write off.

Ive got a 1.0L corsa to drive about in for now as a replacment car.

Dunno about what car ill get next.

I think its gonna be a Clio but it could well be a diesel :(

Quote: Originally posted by cliomk2 on 19 March 2004

Glad youve seen the light diesel power rules.

There cheap diesel power mods though unlike petrols which tunning costs more for.

Poor baby you must be gutted well just think the next one you get will be a reincarnation he he.

R.I.P. clio you will be missed our thoughts and hearts will be with you always.

Quote: Originally posted by WeeGad on 13 March 2004

I had the same thing happen to me,but i didnt have any insurance so i couldnt claim so all the mods i had done and care i had took of my clio went down the spout!

BLOODY IDIOT! no insurance all i can say is HA HAA

Clio 1.6 16v 2003

its not the losing of the car that pissed me of it was the long wait and extra cash for insurance that hurt!!

Quote: Originally posted by edde on 19 March 2004

Quote: Originally posted by cliomk2 on 19 March 2004

Glad youve seen the light diesel power rules.

There cheap diesel power mods though unlike petrols which tunning costs more for.

Humm... I did not really think there was much you could do to a diesel?

Have a race in the sea against a petrol and see how wins before the cars conk out? ;)

nout wrong with a Diesel, well ok there is. but the 306 1.9TD ant a bad car at all and will rip the piss outta most cars over taking them on hills. ok my lil 1.4rt could beat it 0-60 but its a 1.9Turbo, its only insurance group 5! and the engines last forever, plus LX comes with all the mod-cons.

Wot am i on about? get yourself another clio :devilish:

Quote: Originally posted by cliomk2 on 20 March 2004

Humm... I did not really think there was much you could do to a diesel?
Yep to a degree there is for ultimate power petrols win but diesel are underfuel as standard so 10~20% moe power just for a few very cheap mods (sometimes free) then adjust the turbo boost with a bleed pipe and there another 10% power also the petrol intake and exhuats mods are the same.

However this only arealy applies to older diesels DCI etc which need remapping for gains which can be about £400 for the 25~30% gains.