ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Crashed my Clio

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
What did you think he was chasing you for if it wasn't the neighbor or the birds Dad? Just some bloke wanted a fight?

Renault Clio
Well you crashed, not him.

Call it hindsight if you want, I think logic is more appropriate. You should have stopped/pulled over and not driven beyond your limit and you wouldn't have crashed.

As for the Police, they might be gathering evidence, I'm surprised they didn't charge you with anything at the scene.

What did the guy chasing you do once you'd crashed?

I crashed because of him, it's as simple as that. I don't see why I'm being made to look like a criminal. I'm not a police-man, I haven't been trained on how to drive in dangerous situations. He was making the situation dangerous, not me. I can't believe you all think that it's acceptable for him to get in his car and chase after me. What do you think he was going to do if he caught up with me? Have a quiet word? Sure I wouldn't have crashed if I was thinking straight, but I wouldn't have crashed if I wasn't desperately trying to get away from that loonatic.

The police aren't gathering evidence, from what I know they told the man that it all made sense and the stories backed each other up and that it was just a big misunderstanding. They said I was luckily that no one was hurt because if they had of been then it would have obviously been more serious.

The guy chasing me drove off as soon as I crashed, so he wasn't that bothered about his house being "burgled". He then called the police when he got home to cover his back. He didn't call them when he first saw me jumping over his fence.

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
What did you think he was chasing you for if it wasn't the neighbor or the birds Dad? Just some bloke wanted a fight?

You say that but as Barron (my brother carl) said he was out last night in our track car checking a few things. and got chased. Believing the guy wanted either a fight of the car. Carl showed him what a track car on the road can do. ;)

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Some situation to be in, whats the worst this lass's old boy would have said to you? Get out?

It seems like you got a bit of a raw deal, like said, a bit silly but the best crashes are the ones you walk away from :(

If you can atleast take experience from the situation then fair enough

I crashed because of him, it's as simple as that. I don't see why I'm being made to look like a criminal. I'm not a police-man, I haven't been trained on how to drive in dangerous situations. He was making the situation dangerous, not me. I can't believe you all think that it's acceptable for him to get in his car and chase after me. What do you think he was going to do if he caught up with me? Have a quiet word? Sure I wouldn't have crashed if I was thinking straight, but I wouldn't have crashed if I wasn't desperately trying to get away from that loonatic.

No. You crashed because of your lack of driving ability. He didn't crash into you. You caused the crash. Nobody else.

It's not acceptable for him at all, but you need to man up and take some responsibility.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
No. You crashed because of your lack of driving ability. He didn't crash into you. You caused the crash. Nobody else.

It's not acceptable for him at all, but you need to man up and take some responsibility.

:clap:

Renault Clio

I honestly don't care what you say. You weren't there. I'm responsible for trying to swerve out of the way to lose him, there were less dangerous things I could have done, but at the time I wasn't thinking clearly because all I was thinking was that there's a man dangerously following me and trying to get me. But he put me in that situation. He shouldn't have followed me. Fact.

You do care or you wouldn't keep trying to justify yourself.

How does swerving lose him? He's behind you?

So if you follow me home from work tonight and I drive straight through someones front room window. Is that mine or your fault?

Renault Clio
You do care or you wouldn't keep trying to justify yourself.

How does swerving lose him? He's behind you?

So if you follow me home from work tonight and I drive straight through someones front room window. Is that mine or your fault?

I was on an island. I thought if I make it look like I'm going straight on and then quickly go to the right... he'll have no choice but to carry on the way he thought I was going. Stupid I know. But I didn't know what else to do.

That's a completely ridiculous example. It's not the same at all.

There you go then. Your talent ran out and you crashed. No doubt if he was behind you, he'd have had the time to brake/swerve to follow you anyway.

It's exactly the same. I've just magnified the situation to try and make you realise you're in the wrong.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
Would it still be his fault if you ploughed into a load of school children on the pavement after thinking you were Colin Mcrae and swerving like a looney?

RB 182 Cup
lol post a pic up of yourself.

you sound like a right gommo mate, thats watch to many car chase films haha

Tips for the future:

1. dont drive fast as you sound like your not capable of tieing your laces without problems

2. if you ever get a chase and you cant get away, you do realise you can just drive normally?? like 10mph if you really wanted, they arnt going to be able to drag you out at that speed so maybe next time you dont kill yourself

Flid of the month goes to......?

I get that feeling when I'm on the motorway. People always following you?

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
+ driving like you had done something wrong will have only added to his anger due to him thinking you had something, or something to hide.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
lol post a pic up of yourself.

you sound like a right gommo mate, thats watch to many car chase films haha

Tips for the future:

1. dont drive fast as you sound like your not capable of tieing your laces without problems

2. if you ever get a chase and you cant get away, you do realise you can just drive normally?? like 10mph if you really wanted, they arnt going to be able to drag you out at that speed so maybe next time you dont kill yourself

Ok./

Renault Clio
Bunch of morons. Sorry to the people who have actually been quite good about the situation and understand.

Yes I'm partly responsible and I wish I'd have handled things differently. But I didn't create the situation on the road, the man chasing me did. I couldn't feel any worse about crashing into someone that had nothing to do with it. I didn't mean for any of it to happen, and it shouldn't have happened. He initiated the chase, therefore anything that went wrong in that chase takes away any of his innocence.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I was at my mates house, she's a girl. Her dad doesn't like her having her mates round. She rang him to see what time he would be home from work, and he said he was outside of the house. So we panicked and I knew I could get out the back way. So I went into the garden, hopped over the fence into the next door neighbour's garden, and then over his fence into the ally way. The neighbour saw me jumping his fence and decided to chase me at 60mph.

Before the bit with the garden fence and neighbours and even the car(s) - wouldn't the bit above kind of make you think twice before you went there anyway?

I mean, this girl's dad is either a psychopathic, knife-wielding maniac - which would justify your idea to leg-it. Or, he simply wouldn't have been best pleased - probably ticked-off the daughter with a bit of verbal and then asked you to leave.

If this guy is as bad as you're making him out to be, I wouldn't have gone around there in the first place. Either that, or get your friend to meet you elsewhere?

Unfortunately, it sounds like one of those mountain-out-of-a-molehill scenarios, where a seemingly trivial event has sparked off something far more serious. You've trashed your car and learnt a big lesson in which (thankfully) no one was hurt. I really do hope those inbreds at the insurance company take a lighter view as to what went on.

Best of luck. You may need it!

D.

Bunch of morons. Sorry to the people who have actually been quite good about the situation and understand.

Yes I'm partly responsible and I wish I'd have handled things differently. But I didn't create the situation on the road, the man chasing me did. I couldn't feel any worse about crashing into someone that had nothing to do with it. I didn't mean for any of it to happen, and it shouldn't have happened. He initiated the chase, therefore anything that went wrong in that chase takes away any of his innocence.

Okay, well that's a start.

Next, let's work on being completely honest..

Renault Clio
Before the bit with the garden fence and neighbours and even the car(s) - wouldn't the bit above kind of make you think twice before you went there anyway?

I mean, this girl's dad is either a psychopathic, knife-wielding maniac - which would justify your idea to leg-it. Or, he simply wouldn't have been best pleased - probably ticked-off the daughter with a bit of verbal and then asked you to leave.

If this guy is as bad as you're making him out to be, I wouldn't have gone around there in the first place. Either that, or get your friend to meet you elsewhere?

Unfortunately, it sounds like one of those mountain-out-of-a-molehill scenarios, where a seemingly trivial event has sparked off something far more serious. You've trashed your car and learnt a big lesson in which (thankfully) no one was hurt. I really do hope those inbreds at the insurance company take a lighter view as to what went on.

Best of luck. You may need it!

D.

He's violent... to her. I've been round there a few times and he's always come back at around 6:30pm. It was about 5:35pm when she rang him, so for him to say he was outside was a bit of a shock. And I ran into the garden instead of just staying there because I didn't want her to get into trouble, and I didn't want a confrontation with him.

Thanks mate.