ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Crashed my Clio

One with a few more
hip_spasm said:
Joolz - I think in cases of a total loss the policy is finished and you have to pay a completely new premium - obviously with the fact you have had an accident in the quotation (!) If you have protected NCB then go ahead and use them but if not then go back to the start (!)

Claire - Multiple posts due to there being so many comments I had to er....comment upon! What EXACTLY is your role out of interest? Whilst it's always "nice" to have a Police Officer present I dispute the fact that its necessary in a simple case of document swapping.

This isnt just document swapping though, the guy has said the woman is at fault but might not be able to prove it.
I dont have a title, i was just given advanced first aide training which i have to redo every year, very basic traffic control training. and access to cones if i need them and a big ugly yellow jacket! With Rother Council wirtten on it, lol

RenaultSport clio 182
clairesclio said:
Joolz - I think in cases of a total loss the policy is finished and you have to pay a completely new premium - obviously with the fact you have had an accident in the quotation (!) If you have protected NCB then go ahead and use them but if not then go back to the start (!)
Oh right, I guess a quick call to the insurance comp or a browse of the cover documents should confirm that tho.

Mondeo STTDCI
Its not up for Police to decide who is at fault in this case. The only Officer's who could say who was at fault would be specifically trained accident investigation teams and I dont want to shatter any illusions but IMHO there is not a snowballs chance in hell they would've turned out for this. Besides which the vehicles have now been moved to wherever.

It would be a huge waste of public money for the Police to turn out to every fender bender to decide who was at fault dont you think? At most if the Police had been called to this incident the driver's would've been supervised in swapping documents, HORT/1 forms issued and a brief account taken. Put on a form and submitted. End of as far as the local cop is concerned.

EVERY single accident fault is at dispute. In 5 years of driving I have had 5 accidents all of which were no fault claims. Why do you think in the insurance paperwork it says "Never admit liability".

And also from reading what theu guy had to say - he crossed oncoming traffic. Thats as cut and dried to the solictior as him rear ending someone - its just not viable to fight that sort of case.

With all due respect I appreicate that you have had some input on accidents and you have a friend in Traffic so no disrespect to him, but its not up for Police to debate fault in this case. Nor form an opinion on it.

Mondeo STTDCI
Joolz said:
Oh right, I guess a quick call to the insurance comp or a browse of the cover documents should confirm that tho.

Yeah mate but I'm 99.99% sure just bell them and find out

Clio 182
hip_spasm said:
Highly agree with most of this post. I would have no intention of giving an opinion and nor would I have any intention of getting myself so involved that I wind up giving an expert opinion in a claims court. Because it CAN happen. Nail me to the back of the witness box MR solicior/barrister - no thanks!

You a copper mate? Glad someone is backing me up on this anyway!

Oyster Card
Anyone know if I can repair my car or do I need to wait, spoke to my mate whose a mechanic can get a way with a new door and wing?

Mondeo STTDCI
AcID ZeR0 said:
*Meant new door as welding the seam of the wing back up

You need to wait and see. The insurance company will want to examine the car after taking notes from you on what happened - especially if they decide to dispute the other driver's claims.

Oyster Card
Okay cheers - some good news my Uncle has kindly lent me £750 so I can get a new mk1 phase 2 Clio can't give up on them as I love the styling compaired to Corsa etc..

What I'm planning on doing is waiting once the car is written off get my mate to tidy the wing up and bolt a new door from the breakers on.

As long as theres no unseen damage am I right in thinking they'll write it off as Cat D?
I'm TPFT so Insurance won't give me anything but I really want to repair it myself and sell it on.

RenaultSport clio 182
AcID ZeR0 said:
Okay cheers - some good news my Uncle has kindly lent me £750 so I can get a new mk1 phase 2 Clio can't give up on them as I love the styling compaired to Corsa etc..

What I'm planning on doing is waiting once the car is written off get my mate to tidy the wing up and bolt a new door from the breakers on.

As long as theres no unseen damage am I right in thinking they'll write it off as Cat D?
I'm TPFT so Insurance won't give me anything but I really want to repair it myself and sell it on.
If it's written off and you get the cash for it it's the property of the insurance co so you'd have to buy it back off them, you prob know that anyway but not obvious from yer post.