ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Crashed silver 1*2 longbridge island

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Just got a text from my brother saying he saw it on the way home from work, i hope it wasnt anyone from here.

Clio 182
yer that was me, managed to do it about 20 min after getting a new damper fitted, what a waste!
Ruined the car and lost NCB so cant afford insurance on another :(

Clio 182
yer can't believe it, wanted that car for ages after driving one 5 years ago, then wrote it off after 10 months!
was on slip road joining the dual carrigeway, and as i came over the brow of a little hill saw that the road straight ahead (which i thought joined the dual carrigeway) had a gate across it in a dip about 10m from me, and the actual slip road went round to the right then left. As I was planning on joining the dual carrieway i was doing about 50 at the time so couldn't stop before the gate or take the corner. Ended up with me smashing the nearside front suspension to pieces on the kerb then going across into a signpost.

Thats my version of events, I'm sure to everyone else it looked like I was just an idiot who tried to take the corner too fast!

Had to go fill in a police report and thankfully the woman agreed that I just mis-interpreted the road layout, so hopefully nothing more will come of it.

Clio 182
the pictures don't look too bad to be honest, heres the list of what i spotted from a quick look and insurance company said that its a write off with this damage:
left front wishbone bent right around, steering rod bent and damage to driveshaft, bodywork damage where wheel hit it, front bumper damaged, bonnet dented, main beam behind bumper (pretty sure part of fron subframe) bent back and knocked radiator backwards with it. I didnt even bother lifting the bonnet, although doesn't appear the damage goes too far in.
Also the exhaust is damaged from running over the signpost and the side impact airbag went off so tore the side of the passenger seat apart.

Also no doubt there are countless other things damaged that I didn't notice on my quick looks around.

It would probably be repairable with another car for spares, however not sure how cost effective that would be. Unfortunately I don't have the time, money or space so gunna have to get it taken away. :cry:

Renault Sport 172CUP
the pictures don't look too bad to be honest, heres the list of what i spotted from a quick look and insurance company said that its a write off with this damage:
left front wishbone bent right around, steering rod bent and damage to driveshaft, bodywork damage where wheel hit it, front bumper damaged, bonnet dented, main beam behind bumper (pretty sure part of fron subframe) bent back and knocked radiator backwards with it. I didnt even bother lifting the bonnet, although doesn't appear the damage goes too far in.
Also the exhaust is damaged from running over the signpost and the side impact airbag went off so tore the side of the passenger seat apart.

Also no doubt there are countless other things damaged that I didn't notice on my quick looks around.

It would probably be repairable with another car for spares, however not sure how cost effective that would be. Unfortunately I don't have the time, money or space so gunna have to get it taken away. :cry:

sorry for your loss :( heart felt... if you wanna recoup some cash, fancy swapping seats and earning a bit on the side?

Clio 182
sorry mate, car got taken to breakers yesterday. The airbag tore the seat open anyway so wouldnt have been any good!