ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

crashed* so gutted

well i manged to mangle my nice car today

totally f**ked up on a bend, was doing 40 in a 60..must not have been paying attention, car started sliding..tried to correct it..ended up sideways going backwards into a wall.

car is pretty much f**ked, good 3k damage,totally gutted..give me pity:(

ohh woe me:(

fred mate, it waas wet, not icy...dont know what happened..its so weird..i clearly done something wrong, but dont know what??!?!?!

dont think its a write off, but thank f**k i claimed my mods!!!

Ben, i went totally mental started kicking my f**ked wheel, never been so mad with myself, still cant work out why i crashed:(

did the same one.....almost threw the car off a cliff, cause i was so mad.

went down a long fast downhill bend, to hold a drift in teh wet......hel to toght a line and a jutting out rock on teh inside clipped my front left light (left corner) and it tightened up the slide, and i was holding it on the power, but i was so close to the wall i coudnt use too much power or i would hit it....another rock hit my front again and it span...nothing to do but lock up...DOH!

went over an enbankment......front was buggered....new bonnet, front crossmember touches, bumper, lights etc etc......not too bad actually!!!

But i got out in such a huff!!

It was during a thunder storm and i was out for chips, which was the annoying part....if only i wasnt so hungy....

Unlucky mate. I have had some close calls myself, i havent been driving on the road long but ive noticed how much grip (or lack of) some roads have over an other, which has made me more cautious with a very understeery car.

Hope you get it all sorted quickly, and remember at least you didnt get hurt.

-Rob

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

What is going on this week!!! sorry to hear about your car mate

I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM SOME YEARS AGO CAR WENT SIDEWAYS ON A CORNER - I WAS DOING 35-40 AT THE TIME. MATE PUT IT DOWN TO THE BUSES BEING OVER FILLED WITH DEISEL WHEN THEYT LEAVE THE DEPOT NEARBY AND IT POURS OUT WHEN THEY GO AROUND THE CORNER.

COULD NEVER PROVE IT THOUGH - SORRY

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by GirlRacer on 14 February 2003

ClioJohn

http://www.mandisplace.com/valentine/bear01.gif

I am really sorry about your car. Did you have those slidy Contisports on your wheels by any chance??
Speaking of which I am deffo gonna be changing my contis as I lost the back end on some wet cobbles on an edinburgh city centre back road.. I wasnt even going fast.

Those contis suck big time.

Megane R26

I know how you must feel! Stuffed my first Clio into the back of a Fiesta, front of car was totally squared off! :cry:

Hope it gets fixed ok soon - most importantly, you did not damage yourself! :D

H22A7 Accord Type R

hmmmmmmmm, i have some Toyo Proxies in my bedroom just now, i was gonna get a few more miles of abuse out of my front contis b4 they are down to wear indicator............but i think i will have to see about gettin the Toyos on sooner rather than later eh!I have noticed some badly greasy roads around lately in the evening.........had my van understeering at 30mph other nite.........bad roads! John.........Ouch mate!!!

Cheers guys

its gonna be 2.4k to fix, its atrenault now...should be back a week today. The guy at renault was well sound, said hed even respray my body coloured bumpers. Was even gonna order me a new lexus light, but i hate them anyway...so its back to red:)

i went out last night and the amount of folk that i hadnt seen in years who said "i hear you crashed your car"...news travels fast eh:)

320d M Sport

Bad news travels faster John, its a sh*tter crashing your car, has to be done to be believed how bad u feel! Same thing happened to me in that i did nothing out of the ordinary and ended up needing new frnt bumper and bonnet??!?!!?????

Least youll be sorted soon and all is okay

Paddy

Clio 197

Hey ClioJohn, £2,400 to fix isnt that bad these days. Hope you dont have to kick too much in, and that they are kind to you on the insurance quotes for the next few years. At least nobody was hurt.

sorry to hear it mate, its a nasty feeling. hope it all gets sorted soon. I got mine back on the road today and it feels great (although the large hole in my bank account doesnt)

just droove my dads car round the same bend at 60...i really am wondering how i managed to lose it at 40 hehe:)

ach well these things happen

Does seem strange that your car let go at a much lower speed than youve been round the same corner before, only thing I can think of is mabe one of your tyres was low on presure. I had this once on a rear right tyre but didnt notice until going round a left bend at normal speed the back end let go and I very nearly span it, had it been on a less forgiving road might of been worse.

Skoda Fabia vRS

must have been somethin on the road mate

there is a r/a on the east lancs that i can easily take at 50 if there is no1 else around, actually drove home slow for once, took it at about 25 and almost lost the car.......sh*t happens !

A SHED!

Oh dear, well when I was 17 I rolled my astra at roundabout giving it large against an XR2. I lost to say the least.:sick: