ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

*CRASHED - Taxi w*nker*

don't

Not very happy, Not at all happy, and what a surprise a taxi caused the crash, had 2 either be a chav, a bmw or a taxi didnt it.

basically a taxi didnt give way at mini-roundabout, crash happens, taxi slows down then speeds off

ok now for the longer version, was 8pm, was on way 2 get petrol, mersea road (colchester) going along behind ppl carrier, come up to mini-roundabout

were both indicating right, its clear so he goes and i go, car is aproaching from my right so i accelerate a little bit 2 not get in his way at all

Then from ppl carriers left, a taxi doesnt give way to his right and pulls out right infront of ppl carrier, ppl carrier slams on breaks, i do same after seeing ppl carrier break but car doesnt stop in time and goes in2 the rear left side of the ppl carriers bumper

I get off mini-roundabout and pull over and get out, now at the time im in shock and go 2 c if ppl carrier has hit taxi, BOLLOX, no damage 2 front of ppl carrier so taxi didnt get hit

back of ppl carriers bumper has scratch and crack in it, i say "hardly bloody anything there m8" then run 2 my car and look at front, meanwhile taxi had slowed down but while im checking my damage he drives off

Im busy checking my car out, smashed front drivers light and wing bent inwards knocking indicator back in2 engine bay!!

Front light has been pushed back so it was sitting on the belt (fan belt or whatever it is??) anyway bloke from ppl carrier comes 2 me and says dont worry about damage m8, urs will cost more 2 fix

Now I was stupid and was happy really he didnt wana claim against me as technically i have gone in2 the back of him even though taxi caused the crash

So i shake his hand and he leaves!!

So basically im left with damaged car, taxi is fine and buggered off and left scene of an accident he caused, didnt get reg as he was gone so quick, was blue mondeo i think, with tow bar at back, thats all i can remember, P!ssed off with myself really as i shouldve known better

Will try 2 get pics up 2mora morning 2 show damage!

any1 know if any mk1 clio lights will fit my 1995 rsi or not??

cheers

.Dave.

Clio

taxis always get on ma tits wen im on night out THEY NEVER KNOW WERE THERE FECKING GOING AND I JUST END UP SITTING BEHIND EM HOLDING MA HORN DOWN

don't

i know, i just wanted to go back out and look for him but the light was pushed on2 the belt so with engine on was rubbing so got g/fs dad 2 tow me back 2 theirs so we could get the light sitting forward again

If i see him ill go f*cking mental, was tempted 2 ring police but what would they do, bugger all, was tempted 2 also ring taxi companies but they cover 4 their drivers

guna be a trip 2 the scrappies this w.end 2 look 4 a new light, then sum hammering on the wing :-( its not 2 bad, but such a pain and so typical it was a taxi

don't

well i need new indicator and new front drivers light, although funnily enough the bulb still works in the old units lol, just glass is f*cked and the plastic

anyway im hoping any mk1 clio light will fit in there, so prob £20-30 from scrappy, and about £5 for indicator, then fit them myself and get a m8 to help me bang the wing out, banged it out a bit 2nite so i could pull light out and reposition and hold it in with speaker wire lol

need wing out though which is going 2 b hardest thing, its an older car so wont bother getin new panel or re-spraying it properly as itll cost 2 much, hoping to fix it all for under £50, so ive got work 2 do

pics will be up early 2mora morning and itll be easier 4 ppl 2 understand, 2 b honest im lucky the damage is minimal and my no claims will stay in tact :)

don't

OK pics are here, doesnt look 2 bad this morning tbh, will look alot better when ive got a mainheadlight that isnt broken in there, the wing is guna be a bugger 2 get looking gd but will have 2 c what i can do

have brightened up pics a bit so wing damage can be seen better against the dark paint

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/Essexlad_Dave/me%20new%20pics/Dscf0057.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/Essexlad_Dave/me%20new%20pics/Dscf0057.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/Essexlad_Dave/me%20new%20pics/Dscf0056.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/Essexlad_Dave/me%20new%20pics/Dscf0056.jpg in this pic it shows the belt the light was forced back in2, thankgod them belts are strong :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/Essexlad_Dave/me%20new%20pics/Dscf0058.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/Essexlad_Dave/me%20new%20pics/Dscf0058.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/Essexlad_Dave/me%20new%20pics/Dscf0058.jpg

are a couple more but will get them up later as pc is going slow

any1 know if any mk1 frontlight would fit in there or do i need specific 1??

don't

Right ive got hold of indicator but no1 has bloody got a drivers side headlight :-(

it would look a hell of alot better with just a headlight there instead of the clingfilm wrapped broken light thats there at moment

outer wings bent out a bit more so just need headlight then i can try 2 bodge it all back 2getha 4 now, inner wing aint guna move 4 sh!t

Sorry to hear about that but it would appear you are placing too much emphasis on the taxi driver, sh*t happens but it would appear you were too close to the car in front!

Try not to think about why the ppl carrier had to brake hard it could have been (in another scenario) for any reason, cat, child etc. If you hadnt been too close to the ppl carrier when it braked you wouldnt have hit it!

Sorry but just my opinion:D Hope you get it fixed soon

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Ditto Brazo.

As far as the law is concerned, the fault lies with you.

Harsh I know, but thats the way rear enders are seen. You should have allowed enough braking distance between you and car in front.

Mondeo STTDCI

Quote: Originally posted by CocoPops on 03 October 2004

Ditto Brazo.

As far as the law is concerned, the fault lies with you.

Harsh I know, but thats the way rear enders are seen. You should have allowed enough braking distance between you and car in front.

Harsh but true. sh*t happens. Woulda been altogether better if the taxi had been hit I guess, but even so woulda been seen as ur fault.

any light from a mk1 will fit (as long as its not off a mk 1 phase 3 clio)
ppl on here will have the lights for sale, or often there are a few on ebay -which usually go for a fiver.

don't

yea i know what u mean ppl, thing is, i didnt really have a choice as another car was by then coming from my right which if i slowed alot of stopped would have ploughed in2 me,

vix (powelly) will 2nd that 2mora, that the roundabout in question is terrible and a real nightmare with ppl going 2 fast at it etc so u gota get round it quick otherwise ur in trouble

But like u said, at the time i was straight 2 the ppl carrier 2 c what id done 2 the back of it, fortunately it wasnt that bad and the bloke was fine with me and said dont worry about it

as i spose he could have claimed on me even though taxi caused the crash, just p!ssed off as it was taxis main fault and he just buggered off as he knew it

just 1 of those things really aint it, just gota keep thinking it could have been alot worse than it was

Quote: Originally posted by Essexlad_Dave on 03 October 2004

yea i know what u mean ppl, thing is, i didnt really have a choice as another car was by then coming from my right which if i slowed alot of stopped would have ploughed in2 me,

vix (powelly) will 2nd that 2mora, that the roundabout in question is terrible and a real nightmare with ppl going 2 fast at it etc so u gota get round it quick otherwise ur in trouble

But like u said, at the time i was straight 2 the ppl carrier 2 c what id done 2 the back of it, fortunately it wasnt that bad and the bloke was fine with me and said dont worry about it

as i spose he could have claimed on me even though taxi caused the crash, just p!ssed off as it was taxis main fault and he just buggered off as he knew it

just 1 of those things really aint it, just gota keep thinking it could have been alot worse than it was
No, you caused the crash lol! The sooner you realise this the sooner you will become a better driver, the taxi is irrelevant, whatever caused the ppl carrier to stop is irrelevant the only relevant factor is that you were to close!

Sorry if this sounds harsh

don't

yea ok fair enough, first thing i was hoping is that ppl carrier had hit taxi but it hadnt!!

u can stop being harsh now as i feel bad enough as it is ;) and as above , i was lucky he didnt want 2 pursue it as he wouldve been claiming against me, but with a big ppl carrier infront of u its kinda hard 2 c a taxi decide 2 not give way at a mini-roundabout, but nevermind whats done is done

and if i c the taxi again then i wont hesitate 2 get infront of him, stop him and give him a piece of my mind for driving off, not very grown up but frankly i couldnt give a t0ss!!!

don't

well the latest is that, indicator that i bought works and is sitting on backseat at moment lol

headlight should be arriving 2mora morning from david16v

then itll look alot better and i can work around getting the outer wing 2 fit them both in :)