ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Crashed the mk1.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Ohh Chippy Chip, not nice, but happens to most eventually when pushing along. At least you have others to choose from and you're ok.
Agreed totally mate.

2nd crash in 20 years of trackdays for me. So hopefully I've got another ten before the next one. Lol.
Although doing trackdays in cars that are cheap enough to replace a lot more these days might be the killer for that average as it does allow me to commit a bit more.
At least this time I didn't get a 6 grand barrier bill though like at the ring 10 years ago!

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Agreed totally mate.

2nd crash in 20 years of trackdays for me. So hopefully I've got another ten before the next one. Lol.
Although doing trackdays in cars that are cheap enough to replace a lot more these days might be the killer for that average as it does allow me to commit a bit more.
At least this time I didn't get a 6 grand barrier bill though like at the ring 10 years ago!
You've also missed out on being an internet bad boy for killing a biker and paralysing his left testicle! Lol!

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Agreed totally mate.

Thank f**k it wasn't as bad as the last one, IIRC it was a proper whopper?

Trophy Turbo :)
Stunning day today! With eppic Crack from Both Chip and Lesley :)

Believe me Chips driving wasn't knocked He really knows how to drive that car as does Lesley.

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
Arh gutted for you mate. Could tell how much work you'd put into this over the years. Shame it's gone too far but least your OK fella.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Thank f**k it wasn't as bad as the last one, IIRC it was a proper whopper?

Similar accident TBH mate, just this was tyres instead of armco and unlike the ring doesnt have to be paid for, but I reckon the actual speeds involved were pretty much the same.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Arh gutted for you mate. Could tell how much work you'd put into this over the years. Shame it's gone too far but least your OK fella.

Ive decided to mothball it rather than strip it and weight it in right now, I am going to pinch some bits I want from it like the Quaiffe diff and the willwoods and the ecu etc but nothing that cant be undone, and maybe at a later date I will reshell or repair it if I end up with some spare time and find myself motivated to have another crack at it, who knows maybe I will get lucky and get sacked and have lots of free time Im not expecting :cool:

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Stunning day today! With eppic Crack from Both Chip and Lesley :)

Believe me Chips driving wasn't knocked He really knows how to drive that car as does Lesley.

Great seeing you again mate, and thanks to you and all the DTM cars lads for just being awesome company all day.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I've done the same thing on that corner but in the dry so managed to bring it back the rear tyre can dig in just past the curb

Yeah I think most people do at some point, Ive certainly done it at least once before and in the dry its pretty much a non event and you dont even leave the track, and even if you do the odds of you getting as far as the barrier are pretty slim.

I think if it was really wet you would struggle to replicate the issue I had as well, as you couldnt leave the track at such speed as you would be going slower due to the lack of traction, the killer for me was the unusual combination of a dry track allowing big speeds, but absolutely soaking wet grass giving no grip.
Very unlucky in that respect, but obviously that doesnt make the accident "unlucky" it was just that age old situation of more ambition than talent, if it wasnt for that problem the whole dry/wet issue would be irrelevant as I wouldnt have been on the kerb in the first place!

Trophy Turbo :)
20140530_135507.jpg

Even got Chip into a Liquid yellow :)

Just seen this Chip, soo sorry mate :/

I am glad you are okay though, anything I can do just let me know

....even if it's helping to push that dint out with a hammer and some time :)

Such a shame, saw this at the meet an' eat a couple months back. I guess I could be worse, at least it wasn't a front impact or there would be the motor side of things to sort out.

hardy

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Mk1 Track Proj
Gutted to hear about the car Chip. Glad nobody was hurt though.

The car could have turned out worse if it impacted one of the corners.

It would be a massive shame for it not to be back to its former glory and not get the b18 turbo...

Josh

X2 Clio Valvers
Such a Shame mate but as said by other members, at least your okay!
Is the shell really beyond repair? Or is that just the lost faulty speaking?
Not been sarcastic by that, but I remember when mine got keyed, I said it was beyond repair and was going to scrap it, but once I thought back to before it was keyed my faith came back, hence it been restored...
RIP LY beast

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
It is beyond my abilities to repair, im lousy at bodywork on that scale (well on any scale really, I cant even paint well!) but Nick Gwinnett says if I can find a rear quarter he can pull the shell and weld the new quarter in for me.
They are NLA new sadly, but Matt Brown is hopefully going to help me out with a decent nick secondhand one (although that makes nick's job harder of course!)

It is beyond my abilities to repair, im lousy at bodywork on that scale (well on any scale really, I cant even paint well!) but Nick Gwinnett says if I can find a rear quarter he can pull the shell and weld the new quarter in for me.
They are NLA new sadly, but Matt Brown is hopefully going to help me out with a decent nick secondhand one (although that makes nick's job harder of course!)

Coops Turbo always has a good supply of Mk1's (and MK1 bits). Last time I went to his I think there was 4 of them on his drive/road!

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
ai, I may have a few, but Mat's is just silly

you can see it from google earth ;)

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
and here was me thinking you were a 21st century boy, Christ even me mam's got whatsapp,lol!