ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Creaking From Front Sus On Full Lock

clio 172 black
So....After reading the threads on here...Ive taken my 2 week old 2003 172 back to the garage who sold me it.

And is this morning as we speak, they are stripping the strut apart to find something wrong with it.

All the threads on here point to indirect stuff...and Ive not really concluded exactly what is wrong with it!

From experience anyone else found/had fixed something similar?

Cheers! :approve:

Monaco 172
i get a creakin i turn the wheel and go over speed bumps. i turned the wheel with the bonnet up and saw/felt the rubber tops on the suspension moving. theres oemthing on here by your boy fred yozzasport i think about puttin a washer on under it to move it off the body, so it stops it rubbing. i think thats what he ment anyway, do a search for topmounts

Black 172
I have the same problem with mine, it creaks on full lock and if i am going over a bump etc. I didnt think anything of it, i thought it was just the car!

Sorry to hear this bud, if you still have some renault warrenty left i would take it there over a1.

If you need some washers i also supply them if you need some

Black Gold 182
Im sure this is a recall by Renault. I used to work for them over a year ago so trying to remember exactly is a bit hard?!?

The same happened to my 182 though. On full lock when reversing there was a knock from the wheel as if I had hit some thing. took it in to see one of the lads and they done it under warranty/recall.

It happened to be the mod on the top strut, where they grind away a tiny piece of metal. cant remember exactly. Done the trick though.

Best bet is to take it to a Renault dealer and they'll sort it straight away. Known problems with all the RTE's...

M2 Competition
Lol, common fault. I get a juddering from mine on full lock. Stripping it wont do much mate. Get some washers.

clio 172 black
ok... so ive picked it up. hes ordered some parts ...

an "upgrade pack" which is a fix given by renault for this problem!

v6 255 top mount kit i think?

well see on weds wen it gets fitted!

I had 3mths warranty when I bought it so I just went back.

any one else had this fix?

Justin ... Ive PMd u bud!

ok... so ive picked it up. hes ordered some parts ...

an "upgrade pack" which is a fix given by renault for this problem!

v6 255 top mount kit i think?

well see on weds wen it gets fitted!

I had 3mths warranty when I bought it so I just went back.

any one else had this fix?

Justin ... Ive PMd u bud!

Thats a good thing if they've ordered the 255 stuff usualy they just as per the fix grind the strut top away a bit to fix it.

Liquid yellow 182
I have just had my top strut mounts replaced under the warranty. The problem was exactly as you describe.

Clio 197
They all do it. I never had any problems as a result (60,000 miles).

I've had a ride in a MK1 V6, and it does it too.

R

rich[182]

On mine it was front anti roll bar bushes at 6k miles lol - replaced under warranty