ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Creaking noise + potential upgrade excuse

Z4x2 & buying a 182
Hi all,

I posted a while ago about a knocking/clicking sound that I had started to think was the arch lining or something getting caught when on full lock...

This has now changed and is a definite creaking sound which happens on bumps and corners so I am guessing it must be springs or bushes or something. Therefore I have 2 questions

1. What do you lot think it is likely to be (and any easy way to check)
2. What might this mean for potential upgrade options? I have my first track day on 28 Feb so if it needs springs ill get something track focussed for it etc.

Thanks so much

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
How long is a piece of string?

Could be a tyre on an arch liner, could be a top mount. Impossible to say without looking at it.
Upgrade as required :D

Z4x2 & buying a 182
Its very squeaky and creaky so I cant believe its the liner...

Any advice on how I check the top mounts? Not sure what I am looking for?

Bankrupt_drunk

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
To check the top mounts, get the front of the car on some axel stands, open the bonnet, and get a long pole or strong plank under the wheel. Lever the wheel up and down and try to see any movement in the top mount. Or wishbone, or ball joint etc...