ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Creaky Top Mounts

Clio 182 FF
Hello,

I have been experiencing creaky top mounts on my 182. I have done some research on the forums for a definitive answer for what the best solution is but there doesn't seem to be one....

I have installed the so called magic washers but these do not seem to have helped. Can anyone tell me if i need to get new top mounts should i get some replacement OEM's or should i get some solid ones? Any recommendations?

​Cheers

Inferno 182 cup
I had the same problem and found that the washers didn't work so I bought the ktec racing solid top mounts and this solved the problem straight away and also worth doing as the original mounts after time wear the hole in the turret into an oval shape so will only make the problem worse

Inferno 182 cup
They are very easy to fit all u need is a few spanners a drill Allen keys and some spring compressors takes about 30mins to an hour to do and feels much better than standard

Clio 182 FF
I found since my car has been jacked up for some work and a service that the creaking/scraping of the top mounts has disappeared? Must have not been sitting quite right. Hopefully the spacers are now doing the job?