ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Crease in door. :(

Cam

182 Cup
Well the story goes like this......
Came out of work to find somebody had decided they wanted to hit my car door with theirs which resulted in a lovely crease just behind my door handle, but had not swapped paint.
Luckily our place has cctv and managed to rewind the tape to find the culprit, he had done the damage and been out of work since so didnt park next to mine when he came back. Me being slightly miffed at this point went in to find him.

Me:- "Do you own a silver pug?"
him:- "Yes"
Me:- "Have you parked next to an Orange Clio?"
him:- "Yes, why? is it damaged?"
Me:- "oh you didnt see the crease then?"
him:- "No didnt think it'd done any damage, get a quote and ill sort it out"

Ok so he owned up which was nice of him, but if i hadnt have noticed it and gone home i wouldnt have known how itd happened!
So do i take it to the grease monkeys at Renault or get someone like chipsaway to sort it out?

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
yeah, proper bodyshop, but you might need the side of the car blending in etc, might be better to get a new door!

its good he admitted it but he should of left a note, i know i definately would if i damaged someones car, i know how annoyed i'd be if someone had done it to me, i would just own up pay for it.

172 cup
good job u wasnt sat in yours at the time hey??
my mum did it to my impreza about 4 times no joke

I've just had two creases removed from my door by paintless removal (not chipsaway)

Perfect job and only about £60

Leon Cupra 300
I think chipsaway are just as good as the bloke that operates in your area. They guy near us has done bits for my old man and is top notch, i would use him.

133/225/CLS AMG
Take it to a proper body shop, get em to quote your for a total repair. Less likely to be a new door, they'll pop the dent out, fill if necessary and respray the area!!

Probably looking at £200 to £300 if its anything to go by on my Clio. Maybe more as I know inferno isn't the easiest colour to match up but can be done.

106 GTi
As long as the paint is not broken - high chance it won't need filler and paint.

Ask around locally who has a good reputation for paintless dent removal 50- 70 quid ish I would expect. The name of the comapny doing it is largely irrelevant, as said it is only ever as good as the individual doing it.

Cam

182 Cup
No paint is broken so alright there. I'll have a drive round tomoz, gives me somethin to do i suppose.