ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Creating a clio track car

Mountune Tractor
I've seen lots of people doing similar things on here but when I get some extra funds together I was thinking about building/developing a track car(which is still road legal).
What model would people suggest for the shell/engine? (clio 1,2,3 or otherwise)
What would need upgrading?
What should I be looking at for a sensible budget?

I'm not a mechanic but I could do most things myself (non engine wise).
Any thoughts would be interesting, maybe there are others who are thinking of doing the same thing and would like a bit of advice.

53 Clio's & counting
Re: Creating a track ****

id say a 16v mk1 clio,pick a early one up 4 peanuts now,strip it,lower the front on a set a of decent springs,get some good pads and some grippy tyres and u will have sooo much fun

535d / t5 caravelle
as said mate, either a mk1 16v, a hybrid or a williams, all can be had for £1500 nowadays, and not much will touch them on a track, or you could buy a 205 mi16 for the same money? but i'd stick with a clio:D

RS Clio 200
if ure keeping it road legal id use ure 172.... thats what im doing.

ive upgraded my brakes to pagid blues and brembo HC disks with goodridge braided lines. straight through cat back, soon to be decat'd, H&R suspension, OZ ultraleggeras at just 6.7kg a wheel, Maxogen intake, stripped interior keeping door cards etc for road look, Cobra Imola s seats, sparco 330mm racing wheel.
I think thats the lot...have put strut braces from k-tec in too, but they dont do anything.. cage is going in next.

Mountune Tractor
I think the clio 16v will be the answer as I'd like to keep the 172.
I've seen a few about for less than a grand and thats helpful cause I don't think it will need to be in a1 condition being that it will be a project.

go buy an old megane cup car, then the only work you'll have to do is put on lights and register it......plus it'll be all setup already :D