ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Creating HDR from single jpeg in photoshop

White APE
Can anyone tell me how to do this? Ive tried searching around google etc and cant find anything unless your using RAW images or photomatix etc.

I did find thishttp://www.flickr.com/groups/raw2hdr/discuss/72057594130722389/
looking at the 3rd post (steve crane) i did try this method. Ended up with five images. Then went to file>automate>merge to hdr. It faffs about for a bit and then says theres not enough dynamic range in these images and closes. Ive tried this on several pics and cant get it to work.

Any help much appreciated.

350Z GT
My way of doing it is to get the original image in photoshop, edit the exposure to +2 and save it. Then open the original again and change the exposure to -2 and save it. You then have 3 images: -2, Original and +2.

I normally use Dynamic Photo HDR which allows you to tell the program the exposure bracketing for each photo manually rather than it detecting from Exif Data (think thats how it works!) It then works its magic!

Edit: If you PM me the photo you want made into an HDR I could give it a go by tomorrow evening (am on my macbook atm so cant do anything on here - only use it for web browsing!)

White APE
Cheers for that info. I did read somewhere about the +/- of the exposure.

Anywhere to get Dynamic Photo HDR free? :D

White APE
Cheers for your help mate. Ive just downloaded a trial version but that water marks the pics etc. :(

White APE
Ok, so not really HDR but just did this quickly whilst trying to working out how to use DP HDR

DSC_0003.jpg

To:
DSC_0003-6.jpg

Anyone else got any info/help they can offer?

1.2 Dynamique billabong
pm'd :)

dynamic photo hdr allows you to fake it on a single jpeg but the results wont be as good, dynamic photo hdr also allows you to load a single RAW file and it will make the three exposures for you which means you dont have to mess about in photoshop before hand

White APE
Cheers for all the help guys. Will have a play around with it and see what i can come up with.

vers le haut doigt milieu
EXPORT THEM AS TIFF'S

Ok, download Lightroom and it will be easier to create better exports with higher definition. I used a single RAW to make this:

What I done was in lightroom exported a sample -2, 0 and +2 as a tiff, these contain more data then jpeg (obviously) and therefore able to put them into photoshop without it saying "not enough dynamic range to create image" (or what ever it says). The results speak volumes.

I used a single JPEG to make this however!

P.s if you still need I have a rapidshare link to Dynamic photo HDR which I will share publicly if you like as I'm not hoasting the file.