ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CREE LED Reverse lights.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Ok, I'll try and explain it.

I've taken this picture in the worst possible conditions - with the sun shining directly into the reflector. You'd barely be able to see a conventional bulb as the sunlight washes out the reflector.
DSCF2261.jpg

Now you're seeing the bulb as a blob of white light - what the picture isn't telling you is the intensity of that blob. Once it's bright enough to be registered as white on the camera, it could be ten times brighter and you'd just see the same picture. If you saw the light in real life, you would be able to easily pick it out because it's significantly brighter than its surroundings. Also in real life you capture the glow around it.

It's like looking at the sun, it's only a small blob in the sky but you'd definitely notice whether it was on or not. As I've said before, nobody who's actually stood there and seen the lights switched on has had any trouble seeing them.

F4R mk2 ph2
I thought i was the only crazy that cared about this... LOOOOL

Here´s my cree reverse lights!
1xcree+16xSMD
dsc00953oo.jpg

dsc00954jg.jpg

Before:
dsc00955ig.jpg

After:
dsc00960zx.jpg

Diferences (cree on the left):
dsc00959s.jpg

On the floor:
dsc00958.jpg

On the wall:
Before:
dsc00956hv.jpg

After:
dsc00957x.jpg

Finally all set:
dsc00961tl.jpg

After i upgrated to 10xcree... :evil:

Iceberg 172
Think I might be onto something here. There's quite a few people who I've shown these to and they've all been impressed.

I originally bought these bulbs because I wanted a decent upgrade to the standard bulbs.

They are actually very good, could be a popular mod. Decent range and visibility day or night.

View attachment 973284

I tested the bulbs to see what the range was, as you can('t really, due to the camera) see below, the distance to the berm is 20m, the tree behind (which to the human eye was still clearly illuminated) is another ~10m.
View attachment 973285

Click the below images to see the eBay link for that bulb. There are 3 colours available for the surrounds.

View attachment 973286

View attachment 973287

View attachment 973288
I'm definitely interested in getting some of these now, cheers for the link mate.

It's not even the brightness aspect for me, it's makes the car look alot newer and cleaner as alot of new cars have LED reverse lights now.

I love the look, regardless of how bright they are!