ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Criticise my Advert?

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Hi, Now Im fully settled into my new car, I need to sell my Clio, and I was hoping you could have a look over my advert, as I've never done one before :)

I am selling my 2004 Renault Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique. I have owned the for the past 4 years, and have done around 30,000 trouble free miles in.

It is the top speicification 1.2 16v, with Metallic paintwork, Driver airbag, CD Player, Steering wheel reach adjustment, ABS, 15" Alloy wheels, Central locking, Folding rear seats, Immobiliser, 4x Airbags, Rear headrests, Sports seats, Remote central locking, Electric door mirrors, Isofix child seat anchor points, Manual sunroof, Body coloured bumpers, Drivers airbag, Front electric windows, Heated door mirrors, Height adjustable drivers seat, Trip computer, Front fog lights.

Good MPG and a low Insurance Group 3 makes this an ideal first car.

1149cc Manual.

54,000 miles

Taxed Until End of June 2012
MOT Till 20th December 2012

4x Recent Tyres (Brand New and Matching, not part worns!)
Brand New Battery

The car has a few trolley dings down the sides from its time in car parks, and has 2 minor scrapes that can be seen in the above pictures. This is reflected in the price.

New car forces sale.

£2200.

I know it seems cheap, but I want it gone ASAP.

Another thing, This car had a stereo system in for the 4 years I had it, and as a result, I've Dynamatted the entire side of the car. Obviously all the stereo system has been removed and the car is now stock, but I cant remove the Dynamat, would you mention this in the advert? IF anything it makes the car feel better lol?

Thanks

M16a
May be me being pernickety, but it's also not the "top spec" model.

Plus no service history mention, apart from that it seems bang on.

mace¬

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio
New car forces sale sounds like you are desperate. I'd come in at 1500. Don't say it forces sale.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Ok so lose the new car forces sale

Also the service history is in the glove box, Ill add that too it, theres a fair bit in there, I do believe a service is due., It is priced a little lower than all the ones out there, to reflect this ( I think its done around 6k since its last service, but its been around 10-11 months)

Some are very obvious but have so far passed you by!

* Spellcheck (e.g. specification)
* Drivers airbag twice
* Passenger airbag + 4 airbags? Just say in one go "Driver, passenger and side airbags"
* 6k since a service is only halfway till the next so it's not exactly due (unless book says 12k or 1 year)

Don't mention dynamat unless they specifically ask what's the black stuff or "have you done anything to the doors" etc. Buying my 182 off a lady owner, despite some carpark dents, made me confident the car hadn't been abused than had I bought it off someone with a pikey exhaust & ripspeed filter - therefore I wouldn't openly admit the car did have a "banging stereo system" or anything like that, gives the wrong image.

Otherwise you're probably onto a winner with this ad (and life) as A) you can spell B) you don't come across all pikey and C) you're not someone who'd post asking if you get free insurance for owning a company or suggest a bucket as an induction heat shield...

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
If you want it gone fast, pop it on ebay with that discription + some pics with a really low starting price; it will soon be sold! Also I would mention about the Dynamatted, its a real improvement to the car that stops rattles and takes quite a bit of time to do. Maybe describe it in a way of "soundproofing to reduce road noise even further" and not relate it to your stereo.

you're probably onto a winner with this ad (and life) as A) you can spell B) you don't come across all pikey and C) you're not someone who'd post asking if you get free insurance for owning a company or suggest a bucket as an induction heat shield...

FLOL. That is so well said. Worthy of a sticky for that quote alone so that we can refer those ​people to it.

Audi A5
Put it on ebay no reserve 99p start bid,whatever is the cheapest way possible. State in the add you reserve the right to remove add. See if it gets to what you want for it, if not then remove it. The thing is people see it and think its going to be worth it because they don't know what your asking for it and just assume their getting a good price.

This is just an idea I've had btw to shift a car I don't know if it actualy works lol.