ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cro's red 350z

Cro

Meg'd r27
What is it you think they are Conneh? On another site nobody has got them right yet

Cro

Meg'd r27
here is another teaser

842eced9.jpg

Cro

Meg'd r27
Nice work Allan, after seeing this pic I knew it'd be perfect to work with the nismo kit. Dish just wouldn't look right and I love the look of dished z's

5109284340_ea3833ba45_o.jpg

Fiesta ST2
I'm gutted you got one of these.. have been looking at the standard with GT pack for the last 4 months or so :(

what plate is it? Was looking at the 2007> for the lovely bonnet hump but the 2006< seems to have a £235 road tax instead of £400 odd!

Who did you go to insure with in the end?

lovely car mate.

p.s after hearing the Clio you may like a N1/Topspeed Exhaust.. have a youtube ;)

p.p.s wouldn't mind a look around it some time if your passing by :)

Cro

Meg'd r27
I'm gutted you got one of these.. have been looking at the standard with GT pack for the last 4 months or so :(

what plate is it? Was looking at the 2007> for the lovely bonnet hump but the 2006< seems to have a £235 road tax instead of £400 odd!

Who did you go to insure with in the end?

lovely car mate.

p.s after hearing the Clio you may like a N1/Topspeed Exhaust.. have a youtube ;)

p.p.s wouldn't mind a look around it some time if your passing by :)

Theres 3 models, de (286bhp), revup(300bhp), high rev(313bhp) *roughly off the top of my head. Mine is an early 07 revup with the old style bonnet but higher tax band, all 08+ have the hump and very late 07's. You need to be pre march 06 for the lower tax band (pre facelift basically) i'd say the lower tax band will be phased out over the next while

Admiral im with currently but i'll be going back to greenlight next august more than likely, tough enough to insure for a decent price and i'm 26 with 6 years ncb.

I'll prob be going for a nismo exhaust or something that sounds similar, expensive but perfect sound

You want to be looking at Chris' z on rms, it makes mine look like a ladies car

Fiesta ST2
good man thanks for the info! you doing multicar or single car through admiral? Is it a better car than the Clio? I want something a little more relaxed with a nice growl to it :)

Cro

Meg'd r27
Single car, completely different style car to the clio. Very linear power, you end up going faster than you feel you are and it happily goes sideways if you aren't careful. It's def relaxed driving especially on the motorway

I'd see what kind of quotes you get before getting too attached to getting one

Fiesta ST2
yeah tell me about it! I've had a look insurance isn't too bad considering I have business mileage on her to!

anyway good luck with the motor its lovely :)

Cro

Meg'd r27
Fitted the coilovers last weekend so everything has pretty much settled and took some pics today after a hose down.

1e529b6c-1.jpg

24a9ea2b-1.jpg

Adapters arrived the other day and tried the new wheels on, i'll need to change the tyres for something with a lower width and profile that what is on them. Hoping Morgan tyres will do some sort of p/x for me with the ones that are on them

Cro

Meg'd r27
Cheers guys. Some pics of the wheels test fitted and the offending rear tyre width. Its 275/45 so im not sure what width to change to, You'd probably have a decent idea Turkish?? I was thinking 235/35, or maybe too much stretch on that? 10"wide 19" wheel

c344beae.jpg

d2bac899.jpg

a1711e71.jpg

50mm is a fair of dose of stretch. I'm sure there are other 350's in the US on those rims, might be worth digging about on 350 or US JDM sites to see if any of the owners are running them and what tyres they've fitted also the specs of the adapters. You planning on trying to avoid rolling or pulling the arches if possible?

Cro

Meg'd r27
The rears def need rolled (fronts are done) not sure on the tyre sizes but these rear adapters are 25mm, might need to go to 15mm but theres from the car in england and the one in the states ive checked they run a 33mm adapter in the rear... redic camber is the only way they must be rolling. I'd prefer not to go too mad on the camber

These 275s come past the rim currently, i'd say flush is 265

Cro

Meg'd r27
Lol trying to be Gaz but im a strech virgin and everytime it's mentioned people chime in with the dangerous talk. Broken link too by the way, but had a google and most 235/35 on 10s doesnt seem too bad.

Probably go for a 225/35 on the 9 and 235/35 on the 10

Clio 200 cup
I've just put a 215/40/18 on my 9" wheels and I was expecting a lot more stretch, I'll post a picture in a bit.

Cro

Meg'd r27
Bumping a 3 month old thread for that.... what age are you!

Anyway Havn't update this in a good while but a few things have gone on

Bought the Nismo system off Chris when he was putting his back to standard, it is by far the best exhaust sound I have ever heard so I had to have that off him. Nice polished backbox on it too so looks well from behind ooooh err

44ad64f5.jpg

7bb8dee1.jpg

Took the rear wiper off just to clean up the lines a little bit, barely used the wiper anyway so notice zero difference without it

6ffdc4c0.jpg

Wheels are in after rolling the arches and trying to find the right size of tyre to fit under there.

01a9d0a4.jpg

Perfect fit now and thanks to Simon for sorting out the rear tyres for me, top bloke

I'll get a good pic of the wheels over the next couple of days or at showerks. They look awesome now the tyres are sorted and I lowered the rear a little bit, hope they go down well. Just coming up with ideas for wheel centre caps at the minute, could go boring and put a nissan or z badge in but i'll see if I come up with something a little more fun

ef35b7c1-1-1.jpg

What guy doesn't love a curvy ass!

Got a few pics of the car at a local show

One before:
Untitled1-6-1.jpg

And after the new wheels:
6915904424_e09cbf244c.jpg

7062252279_4846f51e04.jpg

Yeah, I like that, a lot. You think the Nismo is good, twin it to a different Y pipe with decats. Can't remember the brand my friend had but it sounded MENTAL, the Y pipe was from the US.

Cro

Meg'd r27
Cheers guys, it's something a bit different. And a tough car to choose wheels for, it'll always divide people... but sure so did the 5dr :)

561348_384019501629834_227240530641066_1257380_129068544_n.jpg

380686_384020434963074_227240530641066_1257409_569641844_n.jpg

Know what you mean about the front arches James, lower you go the stranger it looks!

Gaz, the guy I bought it off had a crazy expensive motordyne xyz y pipe and decats and it was a gorgeous sound. I'll probably go with sports cats, I don't want it too boomy really