ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Crossover units

Clio v6
I have 2 of these unit things. They have never worked well, another case of fitting things then leaving it for an expert to sort out later.

Examining them I noticed the wiring was done by Edward Scissorhands, so once I had stripped these back enough to get rid of all the bare wire showing, I reinserted them into the units and screwed down accordingly.

The issue seems to be the units themselves. When I tightly squeeze terminal block on the units they work, but let go and they cut out.

Much black dum-dum putty has been used by the installion idiots so not surprisingly once these became warm, it all melted and the whole thing is a gooey mess. I honestly wouldn't let these people install a new toilet roll.

I have an amp under the passenger seat, which I was told does something to improve the sound. Even when the crossovers are not in the cutting out state, the sound doesn't seem any different to the standard Renault setup. The speakers and crossovers are Fusion branded.

At last to the point.....

Can I get replacement crossover units or will I need to buy a new 2 way component set?

Clio v6
Thanks for the advice Matt.

I took it to have a whole new component set installed. The guys had never seen such a poor and frankly dangerous install before.

All works great now, and I now have a new feature on the head unit that never worked before. Just needed wiring in properly they said. A bit miffed when he told me the original set up would have sounded the same as it does now, had it been put in by anyone with an IQ of over ten. (yet I wasn't willing to take the job on) ;)

I popped round unannounced to see how it was going, and found all the interior including the floor was covered with clean sheets.

Don't take much to make me happy. :)