ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cruise Control Help

Yaris Hybrid

Ok please can someone do me an idiots guide to the cruise control. I dont find the manual that helpful. I just been out on the road playing with it but there doesnt seem to be any logic to what was happening!

You have that little switch on the lower right panel. If you leave it in the middle all appears to be off. If you rock it down an orange light comes on. I cannot for the life of me figure out what happens in this mode as the steering wheel buttons seem to have no effect.

When I rock the switch up a green light comes on the dash. Pressing 0 and R sometimes seems to do something and often it doesnt. I usually end up using the buttons on the left of the steering wheel to increase the speed to 70 but sometimes depending on what I am doing with 0 and R they dont work!

Help!

Clio 197

Ok....

Orange Light is Speed Limiter - Set your speed limit by pressing the + button, while you are driving.

You can then increase or decrease your speed limit by pressing + or -

Speed limiter can be bypassed by using the kickdown if youre in trouble...

Clio 197

Flip the switch the other way, and you get Cruise Control (green light)

Again, drive along to the desired speed, and press +.

This will set your desired speed, which can be increased or decreased by pressing + or -.

If you press clutch all the way in, or brake, this will cancel the cruise. You can also cancel by pressing the 0 button.

To resume your previous cruise speed, just press R, and the car will accelerate back to it.

Yaris Hybrid

Ah right. I thought the car could remember my set speed of say 70mph so that the next time I flip the switch to green it would automatically go to 70mph?

But I have to achieve my desired speed first and then press + to get the car to use the speed with 0 and R turning the cruise control off and back on to my desired speed.

It was quite scary the first time I used it as I have never had cruise control before and I pressed the + button and the car started accelerating on its own and its not exactly a slow car so it was quite exciting!

Clio 197

Its great on the motorway....

Once youre already "cruising", you can hold down (+) or (-) , and accelerate/decelerate from 20mph to !20....

Or say you brake, to slow down for roadworks, if youre in the right gear, just press R, and youll be doing 70 in no time!

Yaris Hybrid

I was in a residential area on a twisty road through an estate doing about 25 and pressed the plus button a few times and the car rocketed up to 40 on its own and god did I soil my pants!!!!

Clio 197

:eek:

I did the same... I was playing with a spanking new hire car going from the M5 to Glastonbury... I noticed the criuse control and started pressing all the buttons.....

Thank goodness for the dark interior! :confused:

Renault Laguna Coupe

does anyone actually use this? I have it in mine too, didnt even bother reading about it until last night. Omars user guide is a hell of a lot better than the Renault one though!

R26

Yeh i like it too but it seems to use a lot more of the old gas. When I use it on my mway journey to work i spend about £5 extra for that day (£15) as opposed to £10 when i dont use it . Expensive little toy.

Use mine all the time, great to just set the cruise control through road works and not have to worry about trying to keep a constant speed.