ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cruise Control on 172

Anybody else seem to notice that the speed on the clock never seems to match the speed stated on the cruise control? Or is it just my speedo and/or cruise control is gay?

I quite often put my CC to 2 or 3mph slower than what I want 'cause the speedo says differently.

106 GTi
Yeah they are all like that, throw in some form of GPS device and that will read differently to!

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Comparing it to my gps , the speedo ( needle ) reads over by a few mph . If i set the cc to 80 the gps reads about 79 on the flat bearing in mind if your going up a hill or down a hill the Renault manual does state that it is unable to maintain the set speed .

Ah, right so. I'll remember to keep the CC a few mph under what I want to do. Looks naff though.

Did I really just say 'naff'?

RenaultSport Clio 182
It's because the computer is calculating the speed in km/h (since it is built in France) and then converting it into mph for the display and hence where the slight discrepency comes from. Along with the accuracy of the speedometer not being 100%.

BMW Z4 3.0i
What are these gps devices you speak of? I can think of speed camera detectors but what else? Can I get a reading from my renault sat nav?

BMW M6 & 172 Phase 1
I thought it was because all speedos are set 1 or 2 mph high and the reading on the CC was the actual correct speed?