ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cruise control problem (video included) AND climate control

Clio 182
Has anyone else experienced this? Basically when I set my speed on the cruise control everything is fine. I can turn it off/return and increase the speed with the + sign. The only thing I can't do is reduce it. It just seems to cancel it completely? The video below shows what it does....

http://youtu.be/uUZWJ-79a04

Its temperamental and I have had it working once but 90% of the time this is what I get.

Also, so, is there an internal temp sensor for the clio? Easy to change? Basically when in auto mode, unless I set the temp to minimum or 16/17 degrees the fans will be set to minimum. I can manually increase it fine but it's as if the car thinks its warmer that it actually is, which I know isn't the case because I tried to set it to 26 when it was 9 degrees the other day and it just sat on one bar of fan speed.

cheers all.

PH2 172
Also, so, is there an internal temp sensor for the clio? Easy to change? Basically when in auto mode, unless I set the temp to minimum or 16/17 degrees the fans will be set to minimum. I can manually increase it fine but it's as if the car thinks its warmer that it actually is, which I know isn't the case because I tried to set it to 26 when it was 9 degrees the other day and it just sat on one bar of fan speed.
cheers all.

There's a sensor inside the roof panel, nearby the interior lights.
It's easy to change it with a flat screw driver to unclip the panel.

The part number is 8200093290.

Clio 182
Thanks cclien!

sburrell93. Yes its fully warmed up. One thing worth pointing out is that the external temperature sensor is missing, which means it is blank on the screen too. It was like that when I bought it and I am looking to replace it when I get some free time. I'm beginning to wonder whether the climate control fan and temperature speed are dependant on the internet/external temps and unless it can get a uniform reading it just has some sort of basic function which is what I'm getting now. I'll try that and let you know how I get on.

As for the cruise control, seems to work 99% of the time now. I will probably take a closer look when I come to change the steering wheel thumb grips.

Thanks for all the help.

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Don't think the air con is linked to the outside temperature sensor so I don't think that would make a difference. I'd try the one in the roof panel. It has a small fan in it to pull air in to it so maybe that's not working or it's blocked with dust or something.

Cruise control sounds like the steering wheel switches are a bit dodgy tbh