ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cruise control switching off when indicating?

53 Clio's & counting
As above, 2005 Clio 182, when the CC is on, if you indicate to the right the CC switches off, as it does if you press a pedal, you then have to click the steering wheel button to switch it back on.

Steering has no change, it is only the indicator, and indicating left is fine, but every time you indicate right the CC flippin switches off lol

Any ideas?

Cheers

It's A Reno
I'm guessing here, but that sounds like a safety measure to me.
I await to be told I'm wrong though. :dapprove:

fiesta 1.25
I dont know anything about CC but i would assume itys meant to do that because your probably going to need to slow down or speed up if your changing direction.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Never noticed mine doing it. And i use indicators on the motorway

53 Clio's & counting
lol its not a safety feature guys, its more a hazard than safety, come up behind a car then indicate and it cuts out - not good

Oh and its only just started doing this, it used to be fine, so i know it def not a safety thing

What's strange is any issues with indicators on Clios it always seems to be the right one.

This is really a stab in the dark but it wouldn't be UCH related would it? Or doesn't the UCH have anything to do with the Cruise Control?

How about the stalk movement interferes with the steering wheel position sensor (I know this knocks out cruise as it happened on mine). Or just interferes with the cruise controls? Have you had the wheel off?

53 Clio's & counting
What's strange is any issues with indicators on Clios it always seems to be the right one.

This is really a stab in the dark but it wouldn't be UCH related would it? Or doesn't the UCH have anything to do with the Cruise Control?

have no idea matey :S

Dodgy wire somewhere?

possibly, anyone know if i whipped the wheel off and had a look what id find?

How about the stalk movement interferes with the steering wheel position sensor (I know this knocks out cruise as it happened on mine). Or just interferes with the cruise controls? Have you had the wheel off?

not yet, think its worth having a look mate?