ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cruise control. WONT turn off! Cars possessed.

As title, it's driving me insane now.

Turned off the engine. Turned off iginition. Turned off CC, turned on CC then turned off CC. Changed to speed limiter. Changed to neutral.

Done pretty much everything you could think of!

Whenever I'm driving, if I go low gear and low revs (under 20&under10mph) the thing kicks in and just glides me everywhere?!? I'll come to a stop at traffic lights. If I release the brake and clutch it'll kick in and start fxcking moving again! It Don't pick up speed it literally stays at around 5/10 mph even when the speedo is reading 0mph. Fxck offffff. What's going on? Any shed any light?

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_imagesXKTW6DSQ.jpg

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
That's very strange as Cruise shouldn't engage at all below 30mph. I suspect a wiring gremlin

Thing is it drives by itself when the speedo is saying 0mph when It's doing around 5-10mph. I'm used to it now. I even go into second to help it out abit. Let it just piddle along around car parks finding spaces hahahahaha.

Speed limiter is fxcked now also.

Turns out the Renault mechanic family friend also does electrics so it'll be going to him soon.

Although how much do you charge for going around looking for gremlins like this @MicKPM ? I'm only in Nottingham. I'll be coming to you end of next year ish for all belts and dephaser.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Yeah I thought that, that's normal isn't it? Mine does it anyway to stop it from cutting out, and my previous car did too.

2014 Clio 200t edc
Have you been doing the old 'set speed limiter, foot down, hit cancel button, fly!!' thing and broken it? Lol
Seriously though mine went a bit crazy once but sorted itself out by being turbed off for a while.

I don't even know anymore! It's weird to explain. Though it sounds standard car practice i know it's not.

First gear, slight press of accelerator, clutch slowly up. Car engages and goes along by itself not accelerating at all from my end. Go into second it gains more momentum and can happily go along by itself 10mph ish everywhere.

While CC is off.

Unplugged the whole CC/Abs panel and still does it. Only started doing it when I posted this.

I'll come up to traffic, slow down, go below 20mph and I can feel it kicking in wanting to cruise around at around 10mph. I'm fighting it.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Are the revs rising above idle when it's in gear? For the speedo to not be registering then it sounds as if it's slow enough to be on idle, in which case LOLs will be had.

If it's actually revving up to say 1.5k then there really is an issue, and I don't think anyone's going to be able to diagnose that without plugging the car in and looking for wiring faults. Completely unheard of.

I don't even know anymore! It's weird to explain. Though it sounds standard car practice i know it's not.

First gear, slight press of accelerator, clutch slowly up. Car engages and goes along by itself not accelerating at all from my end. Go into second it gains more momentum and can happily go along by itself 10mph ish everywhere.

While CC is off.

Unplugged the whole CC/Abs panel and still does it. Only started doing it when I posted this.

I'll come up to traffic, slow down, go below 20mph and I can feel it kicking in wanting to cruise around at around 10mph. I'm fighting it.
Yes that's perfectly normal. It would do that in any car.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
This is a funny thread!

In most cars you can easily get up to 30mph + without any input from the accelerator just by carefully going through the gears - it's normal!

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
LOL. My driving instructor taught me that you could get the car moving without the accelerator, I thought it was common knowledge!

Hahaha I know how it works! But like McGherkin has just pointed out, it does increase in revs as in the CC is on, go into second and it picks up more and stays around in the 10mph zone.

I'll slow down to a junction, soon as I hit below 20mph it'll stay on around 15-20mph (depending on its feeling like) and it'll keep that constant. As if CC was engaged.

All I've come to the conclusion to is that theres a fault in the CC/speedL functions. They barely work recently and when they do its a mind of their own. Can't use any of them hands down.

But the lols of this thread.. I would feel like a plank if it was just clutch release engage. Swear it's not! I know it's not! As the shiz dont work! But time will tell..

Infact, you know you always see trucks crawling upto traffic lights etc, they're doing just that. Leave it in gear and clutch up and they'll just crawl along at idle in what ever gear it's in.