ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Crunch and rattle and blowing - any ideas?

Z4x2 & buying a 182
so after a 3 hour journey today, in the last 5 miles or so of my journey, I get a crunch in second, like a missed gear change, then nothing - car is fine. Then a couple of miles later it goes very odd in third, I get a few clunks and a rattle, it feels juddering in 2nd and 3rd so I keep it in 4th all the way home.

once nearly home (final stretch on a hill going down hill) I gently change gears - it will go into second and 3rd but is a struggle, simultaneously loose and then tight and clunky at the same time.

On the driveway, car stationary, it is very juddery on Idle and sounds like the exhaust is also blowing from the downpipe area?

I then try putting it into reverse, clutch down the whole time, and it makes a big clunk going into reverse, it gets in but it just feels like a huge clunk.

should say the car has a PMS shifter which has been amazing for the last year or so.

Any ideas?

If you come up with an idea that still lets me go to my track day at Bedford on saturday you get extra points!

I am assuming it needs a new gearbox?