ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cruse Control Buttons Scary Fault!

Yozza'd RB cup
I have a Clio 182 cup

I have noticed that the cruise control buttons have a fault and I thought I’d post in case it has been seen before or get your opinions on what could be at fault.

The buttons do not work properly unless I press the very edge of them whilst depressing the horn/airbag area next to the button.

And I also noticed the other day that it has got worse and the ‘-’ speed button in fact increases the cruise speed! And the ‘O’ button to suspend the cruise speed does not work?

Anything I can check before I remove the wheel to dismantle and check connections?

I have done a search but couldn’t find anything quite the same

Thanks

James

Stripped yozza'd cup
That's not really that bad is it? I was expecting your cruise control to be automatically setting itself to 125mph and unable to overridden....

But anyway, almost certainly a wiring fault I would think.

Yozza'd RB cup
It is scary when you set it on the motorway and you go to reduce your speed as your approching anpther car and it speeds you up! The odd thing is if it were a wiring fault it would never have worked in the first place, but when I first bought the car it worked fine?

Thanks

James

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Use the brakes? Its not that hard to drive without cruise control.

LOL!

His cars broke and he wants it fixed. Thats like me posting in a thread someone started due to a failed cambelt:

"It's ok if your cambelts failed, just use the bus".

Jap Box
LOL!

His cars broke and he wants it fixed. Thats like me posting in a thread someone started due to a failed cambelt:

"It's ok if your cambelts failed, just use the bus".

Yeah but this is hardly as bad as a cambelt fail :rasp: car still works, still drives etc, just uses a tad more effort than setting the auto pilot to do the work for you lol

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
If the buttons are awkward to press anyway it suggests the buttons or connections are duff, best get the wheel off and make sure there ain't any crap buried in there :)

any need for arsey comments, i dont understand people on the internet sometimes haha - he was only asking a genuine question!

Yozza'd RB cup
Thanks guys, I was just checking if it was a quick fix or if its a comment fault (like most french problems are) before I start tearing it apart tracing wires and checking all the switches etc . .

James

Mk5 golf gti
some proper idiots on here posting responses like that

i'd start taking it apart and check the connections as that's what most likely is causing the fault

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I'd take the airbag out, so you can have a good look at the connections. Don't forget to disconnect the battery!!

None :(
any need for arsey comments, i dont understand people on the internet sometimes haha - he was only asking a genuine question!

I was thinking the exact same thing. In fact i could feel my blood boil reading some of the replies. Imagine if he came on here saying he just spent a couple of hundred quid getting it fixed at Renault. He then would of been slagged off for not asking on here first!?!?!? Sometimes you just CAN'T win on this forum!

GL getting it fixed anyway, update us if you manage to fix it, as I'm sure you won't be the only one to get this fault. Also check out the guide on removing the air bag, i found it useful, even tho there is a knack to it imo.

Jap Box
I was thinking the exact same thing. In fact i could feel my blood boil reading some of the replies. Imagine if he came on here saying he just spent a couple of hundred quid getting it fixed at Renault. He then would of been slagged off for not asking on here first!?!?!? Sometimes you just CAN'T win on this forum!

GL getting it fixed anyway, update us if you manage to fix it, as I'm sure you won't be the only one to get this fault. Also check out the guide on removing the air bag, i found it useful, even tho there is a knack to it imo.

Well some people obviously need to take a chill pill if their pissed off by some jokes knocking around here and there. Its fairly common for the problem to be solved by someone on here anyway so its not a great deal!

Good luck getting it sorted though, if you said the buttons are finicky indeed look behind to check if anything hasnt moved causing different ones to be pressed, it could be some kind of holding bracket has snapped/bent.

Well some people obviously need to take a chill pill if their pissed off by some jokes knocking around here and there. Its fairly common for the problem to be solved by someone on here anyway so its not a great deal!

Good luck getting it sorted though, if you said the buttons are finicky indeed look behind to check if anything hasnt moved causing different ones to be pressed, it could be some kind of holding bracket has snapped/bent.

thats not really the point though is it, the guy asked a genuine question and a few people come back with arsey comments.. i didn't really see the joke in them neither did a few other people.... some peoples sense of humour must be a tad weird :S

either way, good luck on fixing it :D