ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CS stand at Castle Combe Spring Action Day

For those that attended well done. Low take up on this for some reason this year and only 8 of us met up before the hotel owner told us to get off his land. We had a pitch big enough to accomodate more than the 20 we usually get. Enough of my moaning on with the photos.

8687394974_2deaf85a00_c.jpg

8687388892_7c063a0e0c_c.jpg

A sign of the times?
8686256045_421ee48e5e_c.jpg

The Clios
8686258707_dd286a64e5_c.jpg

8686261163_7553418ff1_c.jpg

8686265607_ab87d6438c_c.jpg

8686275663_5797a78744_c.jpg

8686270293_dcd43c7358_c.jpg

The non Clios
8687379328_c7e39d8236_c.jpg

8687383724_32f8fbd267_c.jpg

Tim, Fletch and Chris trying out the space allocated for CS for the next Action day.
8687026142_2fb7dbda48_c.jpg

We always meet at the Cross Hands Hotel at Old Sodbury. arrived there this morning to an angry hotel owner thanking us for waking the whole of the hotel up and telling us to leave as he was calling the Police. Apparently the Ford/Vauxhall crews had nade a lot of noise earlier before we arrived. So we had to leave before we had a chance to share ticketrs and introductions.

Bux

Golf GTD
Nice pics Pete! Would have been better with more people. I don't understand why turnout was so low from CS this year, normally there's a mass panic to try and get the free tickets and then a space on the stand.

53 Clio's & counting
Great to see you guys yesterday, sorry I had to leave early and sorry I wasn't very chatty, minds been elsewhere as of late (will stick up a thread soon to explain)

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
No pictures of mine Pete !

There were more other marques than there where Clios ! Especially when other car clubs started helping themselves to out pitch.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Great to see you guys yesterday, sorry I had to leave early and sorry I wasn't very chatty, minds been elsewhere as of late (will stick up a thread soon to explain)

I thought you didn't like me anymore :(

320D E91 Estate
Apologies to those on the CS stand, I just abandoned my car next to the V6 without asking ;) Didn't realise Chip has got me a space on his stand as he sorted me out with some tickets. My car then decided to loose a lot of oil after my first session so it was even more abandoned just so I didn't drop oil all over the road!

Apologies also for not coming to chat with anyone on the day, just left the car after the session and went to watch the rest of the action and look around, get some food as I was a bit annoyed :( Hopefully its not too terminal!

Thanks to whoever took a couple of shots of my car though, could I be cheeky and ask for a copy of the full res pics ;)?

Must be a sign of the times, ironic that during the times I had Clios I couldn't get on the stand, but now I have a Ford I was offered a spot! Overall the busiest Spring Action Day by far though, even had to queue to get in at 8:50! Japfest and Rallyday aside that never happens.

Good turnout of Clios on track compared to previous years, quite often very thin on the ground. Where were all the Saabs this year? They usually turn out in force.

That blue is epic :O love it, didn't see it on the day. :(

The show itself was the busiest ever according to the Combe Facebook. Many regulars there from previous years but no saabs and a few others as previously mentioned.

Was on another stand unfortunately but did find it unusual to see the cs lacking in numbers.

clio v6
thanks nick for posting pictures of my v6, and it was nice to put faces to names, hope to meet a few more next time cheers Tony.

Caterham 270R
Very poor the worst for years , there was a lot on this weekend hense why I was at Sillystone , Nice selection Pete

320D E91 Estate
Who's is that black 172 with the 400 plate?

Yeap that's me! Apologies again for gatecrashing and abandoning my car, but thanks for taking some pictures of it before I plastered the back in oil ;)

Seen that car Saturday morning in Taunton mcds, having breakfast!

Indeed you did, was me and the wife having a mcdonalds breakfast before we set off for Combe in the morning!!

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.
Indeed you did, was me and the wife having a mcdonalds breakfast before we set off for Combe in the morning!!

No I was in the big mcds lorry doing the delivery and think I seen a Cs sticker in the window!

Then seen the pics on here, had wanted to get the day off to go to silverstone!

320D E91 Estate
No I was in the big mcds lorry doing the delivery and think I seen a Cs sticker in the window!

Then seen the pics on here, had wanted to get the day off to go to silverstone!

Ah right, was trying to think if I had seen another Clio in the car park or seeing your profile an Audi A3!!

Yeah there is a CS sticker in the rear windscreen and a CS tax disc holder ;) Good spot indeed!