ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CS v Golf GTI ?

clio 172
just recently every time I’m sitting at the traffic light I always seem to get some acne ridden boy in a baseball cap sitting in some piece of sh*t golf gti what to race me.

I have recently found that the saxo boys don't even bother to attempt to race CS now.

Got me wondering, what car has attempted to race you?

CLS, RS MEG
My friend recently aquired the new golf GTD, 170ps. Having drove it i thought it was alot faster than the clio, however when driving home, the clio pulled away easily. A remap to the golf would be a different outcome i would have thought.

My friend recently aquired the new golf GTD, 170ps. Having drove it i thought it was alot faster than the clio, however when driving home, the clio pulled away easily. A remap to the golf would be a different outcome i would have though.

Remaps are very effective with the VW Diesel engines ive noticed! Remap will often see 35bhp+ plus the ride and build quality are great!
They arn't the quickest around by a fair bit but terms of practicality, lasting value and good performance they are very good all round!

Fiesta ST-3
Corsa Redtop and Golf VR6 are they only two since i have had the car. No one else. I used to drive passed to local chav spot in my old car and get at least one come shooting out for a *race*. Nothing in the Clio now!

Alibi Blue 200
A chav in a megane convertible pulled alongside me in my 182 and started revving his engine.

Chav: What size engine does that have
Me: 2 litre
Chav: Same as this mate
Me: That's funny it says 1.6 on the side?
Chav: I put a 2 litre in it.
Me: Why? Laughed and drove away

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Not a lot at the mo but a 1.2 corsa would blow the doors of my Coupe at the moment lol........ dump valve and EBV sticking = FAIL

320d
My friend recently aquired the new golf GTD, 170ps. Having drove it i thought it was alot faster than the clio, however when driving home, the clio pulled away easily. A remap to the golf would be a different outcome i would have thought.

A mate of mine has a GTD DSG. It feels reasonably quick but the torque makes it feel quicker than it is. To be fair it sounds pretty good for a derv, you don't hear any diesel rattle or turbo whistle inside, just induction noise.

Listerine & Poledo
I was harassed by 2 pikeys in a 4x4
"eee, waddis it have unda tha bonnet there d'yno"
well, sir, it's the Renaultsport 2 litre
At the turn of the green lights he axle-tramped his way down the road while I shook my head as the Hyundai thing chopped up about 3 motors, almost exactly where I'd have been if I'd risen to it.

easy to see how acne-ridddled teens get into trouble with their CS's, nothing's safer than not being a dick.

Listerine & Poledo
Only 1 thing I'll add.

when you've gone and "raced" whichever motor winds you up, it doesn't mean you're big, nor clever.

"Racing" suggests a track, not a 300yard stretch of road between McDonalds and Halfords car parks

53 clio 172
Only 1 thing I'll add.

when you've gone and "raced" whichever motor winds you up, it doesn't mean you're big, nor clever.

"Racing" suggests a track, not a 300yard stretch of road between McDonalds and Halfords car parks

someone always has get all gay on us!!! u buy a 1*2 or any quick cr for that matter for tinkle around at 30 mph 70 on motorways, no way! u wanna see how it compares to other things on the road! buy a 1.2 for boring driving

Flamer
Some Idiot in a Honda Civic typeR 54plate. At the lights next to me revving an rollin back an revving forward. Me sitting there lookin all innocent and in the right lane to go straight on! Red....Amber GREEN! left standing an shocked! behind me an forced into my lane. hehe ...all taken in good banter an I laughed! LOTS!

Fiesta ST-3
Only 1 thing I'll add.

FLOL i do it for the buzz. So i can go home and have an AMAZING w**k!

Last edited:
  MCS R56
172nick(ed) - I give you a year with that attitude. No, you don't need to tinkle about but comparing or racing, as you clearly mean, is idiotic. Take it on the strip or do a track day.

Last edited:
  FiestaST(ex 172 Cup)
No one has tried to race me in 8 months of ownership, which is surprising. Maybe it's the cups, Scotty says no ones tried it in his. The only comparison I have is coming off a roundabout on to a duel carriageway and had a BMW 120d try to keep up (could see the front of the car dive in the gear changes), left him behind of course.

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
172nick(ed) - I give you a year with that attitude. No, you don't need to tinkle about but comparing or racing, as you clearly mean, is idiotic. Take it on the strip or do a track day.

Please make it one i'm not attending. :clown: