ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OZ Ultraleggera wheels

Clio 172 ph 1
Hi everyone. So I recently bought a set of four brand new OZ Ultraleggeras for my ph1. 15x7", crystal titanium, very nice and quite expensive. But... what bothers me is the weight of these wheels. I put it on the scale and complete wheel (disc with Kleber krisalp 195/50 r15 tire) weights 15,3kg. Which seems to me helluva lot. I did some research before, and most frequently given weight of 7x15 ultraleggera disc is 5,0, 5,2, sometimes 5,7kg. This was the main reason why I´ve wanted these wheels, their light weight. Now, when I assume that the weight of the tire itself is somewhere around 8kg - which is a lot for this size of normal winter tire, should be probably less than that - it leaves me with cca 7,3kg / disc. At first i thought that they sold me some replicas, of course for the price of originals. But when I was comparing my wheels to the photos on the OZ racing website, they seem to be identical, no difference at all. So, can anybody tell what is going on, and why are these wheels much heavier then they should be? Is it possible that I was scammed and now I have here some replicas? Or is it something wrong with OZ, and the wheels that once weighted 5kg per piece are now of lower quality and therefore have to be much heavier? Thanks for your opinions.

Btw I don´t think it can be foult of the scale I use for the weighting. Prewiously it shows trusted walues:
5,2 kg buggy racing disc + 195/50 seiberling winter tire - 12,5kg
3,8kg regamaster disc + 195/50 rainsport - 10,8kg
oz ultraleggera + 195/50 kleber krisalp - 15,3kg

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I can tell you that my 15x7 Ultraleggeras with 195/50/15 Pilot Sport 3 tyres weigh 12.1kg. Not sure how much that helps, but they're definitely supposed to be light wheels

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
Without having an accurate weight of the wheel and tyre separately the only conclusion you can gather without tyre data is your tyres are heavy.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Winter tyres have a hell of a lot of rubber on them as they're usually very soft, so wouldn't suprise me if they weight considerably more than a semi..... slick

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Ultra leggera translates as ultra light, so it's defo the tyres! Cross climate ones will be heavy beggars.