ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CS West Midlands Meet - Star City, Birmingham.

Liquid Yellow R27
There were some proper photos taken with decent cameras that will most likely be uploaded soon, but I thought I'd throw up some pictures I took on my iPhone from todays West Midlands CS meet at Star City in Birmingham. It was my first meet, but had a great time! I saw some very nice cars and met some awesome people... even got a meal at nandos as well ;)

img1794yt.jpg

img1795i.jpg

img1797up.jpg

img1798wr.jpg

img1800sk.jpg

img1804x.jpg

img1802b.jpg

2014 Clio 200t edc
Nice pics! Was just thinking I hope someone puts up some pics!! Gutted I missed it, looks like it was crying out for a petrol blue! Lol.
I will def come to the next one!!

Liquid Yellow R27
It was terrible parking. Walmsley69 started it so I just parked next to him and then chapperzuk next to me, was a knock on effect that Chris caused.

Yeah, it was a knock on effect. Plus there was a lovely star city branded bin in my space lol :/

Last edited:

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Bloody good day, it was great to go for some food and actually have proper conversations with people,
not to mention a cheeky beer (cheers Fred) and a game of pool.

I honestly thought Donny was joking when he said Fred's geeting the drinks in for everyone. :cool:

Right, here's my efforts at photos, bit embarasing as it would seem an iphone is slightly better at white balance than I am. :eek:
Also some of these are slighty soft focused, as I was using long exposures without a tripod and cold hands.

_MG_0191.jpg

_MG_0196.jpg

_MG_0193.jpg

_MG_0198.jpg

_MG_0197.jpg

_MG_0202.jpg

_MG_0204.jpg

_MG_0192.jpg

I did think i'd win the dirtiest car competition, but I think Sam might have beaten me.:(

_MG_0205.jpg

_MG_0207.jpg

Also we had our own little mini meet at Star City to begin with, we went in completely the opposite direction from the main meet
and waited in a section of the car park no-one was ever going to show up at.

_MG_0181.jpg

Last edited:

Nickw88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW 430D & T5
Wish I'd stayed longer tbh, would have been nice to feature in a few shots. Not got any since getting my carbon bits :(

Will have to make more of an effort next time :)

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers mate, although they have made me realise I need to do something about my headlights, they're scratched to buggery.

You just don't notice things like that day to day, but for some reason seeing it in a photo makes it stand out massively.

Liquid Yellow R27
Yeah, fair enough mate. Photos always bring out the details that you don't always catch with the eye. Can sometimes be a good thing though.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Definately a good thing, seeing as it's something I can sort out without much effort or spending any money really,
which suits me down to the ground haha. :approve:

Last edited:

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Do you have this photo in any higher res? The first car is mine so it would be nice to have a good copy of that's ok? :D

I've got this one of yours if you want mate, I didn't post it as I prefered a similar one instead,
I don't mind emailing you a high res file if you want to pm me you email address.

_MG_0200-1.jpg

Fred tha baller.

Next time, the in laws had me on Sunday :(

Curley I did text you and Scotty172cup to see if you wanted to come,
can't bail on the inlaws though as you'll be in trouble with the Mrs.

Liquid Yellow R27
I need to get my alloys refurbed and resprayed. I think I'm going to go there as well to be fair. £80 is a bargain! I was going to get turinis, but think I'm going to stick with the standard cup wheels.

Nickw88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW 430D & T5
I need to get my alloys refurbed and resprayed. I think I'm going to go there as well to be fair. £80 is a bargain! I was going to get turinis, but think I'm going to stick with the standard cup wheels.

Yeah tbh I thought they looked pretty good too. Defo getting mine done in a few months.

I was thinking either turinis or ultraleggeras but sod that! Dark anthra/graphite cup wheels ftw!

I've got this one of yours if you want mate, I didn't post it as I prefered a similar one instead,
I don't mind emailing you a high res file if you want to pm me you email address.

_MG_0200-1.jpg

Curley I did text you and Scotty172cup to see if you wanted to come,
can't bail on the inlaws though as you'll be in trouble with the Mrs.

Expect a PM :D

Matt you know your car has a nice pic on the cosford breakfast club website

http://www.midlandsbreakfastclub.co.uk/page12.htm

Not seen this before, cheers that's brilliant!

Soon to be 172
Looks like a good meet, and some very nice looking Clios too! Will defo try and get along to a meet later in the year after I get a 182