ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CSF2023?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Yes and when you walk up and say hi, I'm Touring_Rob who are you they all look at you like you're the worlds biggest c**t.
@Don’t call me Dave does that, I think it's his brain making an assessment of you before he opens his mouth and offends the f**k out of you 😂

Although we learnt this week that if you have no legs you CAN still get gout and if you have 1 lung you don't get asthma, you get Ass or thma. Very unfortunate

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Harewood Speed Hillclimb? Based just north of Leeds.
I've no idea if they'd host club events/weekends etc but there's plenty of space at the top of the hill and the track is really good, they do host some car shows/meets from time to time.
I've had a look at their website and there is a contact for venue hire, but it does state 'for non-motorsport use of the Harewood hillclimb' however maybe clarity is needed as I'm not sure if that's specifically licensed motorsport or any automotive use of the track entirely. However, I'm not sure why you'd want to hire it without using it..

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
@Don’t call me Dave does that, I think it's his brain making an assessment of you before he opens his mouth and offends the f**k out of you 😂

Although we learnt this week that if you have no legs you CAN still get gout and if you have 1 lung you don't get asthma, you get Ass or thma. Very unfortunate
I mean I call everyone Dave, because I’m s**t with names. Makes it easier… am I offensive?

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
I'm not sure the moans with Blyton are a good enough reason to move from the perfect venue.

Just account for them being moany and get on with it.

Every event space/meeting room/venue/track/hall/arena owner is an absolute arse.

MOT is full of the biggest set of triggered weirdo's you've ever met and they manage to host days which are a right laugh there.

The cafe is s**t when its a Javelin, Opentrack, MOT, slip and grip day, and even when its Franks Charity day.

No where else has a decent track with open area for the cost of what Blyton is for private hire.

Edit:

I'd even go for putting the ticket cost up, and paying them to keep the Cafe shut and then getting outside catering (pay on use by members) for the whole day.

Last edited:

andybond

ClioSport Club Member
I'm not sure the moans with Blyton are a good enough reason to move from the perfect venue.

Every event space/meeting room/venue/track/hall/arena owner is an absolute arse.

MOT is full of the biggest set of triggered weirdo's you've ever met and they manage to host days which are a right laugh there.

The cafe is s**t when its a Javelin, Opentrack, MOT, slip and grip day, and even when its Franks Charity day.

No where else has a decent track with open area for the cost of what Blyton is for private hire.
I would second that.

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member

So true. I sponsored a karting championship for 9 years at Teesside Karting and they're lovely people. But when it comes to customers they have zero tolerance unless you obey their rules and don't argue with their decision-making.

The good drivers were respectful, the skinny "I think I'm Lewis Hamilton" types were arrogant little *****. I got so many complaints by wannabees telling me the owner had just told him to F**k off. Good little track, and an average cafe, but the place is buzzing with petrolheads.

I hope a venue is found as I'd love to be able to get there and put faces to names. Just don't book anything in June haha.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

Edit:

I'd even go for putting the ticket cost up, and paying them to keep the Cafe shut and then getting outside catering (pay on use by members) for the whole day.
And you live 30 minutes away?

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355

Edit:

But you don't have to run the event and deal with these people and complaints do you? You just get to rock up and enjoy yourself.

I also mentioned to some of you at last years show that it was likely the last year at Blyton because the owners have stated that we'd have to pay to exclusively hire the circuit on the Friday and Sunday in future. We currently discreetly set up on the Friday and pack up on the Sunday at no charge. Having to pay for this would triple the cost to run the event and almost certainly make it unviable.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
But you don't have to run the event and deal with these people and complaints do you? You just get to rock up and enjoy yourself.

I also mentioned to some of you at last years show that it was likely the last year at Blyton because the owners have stated that we'd have to pay to exclusively hire the circuit on the Friday and Sunday in future. We currently discreetly set up on the Friday and pack up on the Sunday at no charge. Having to pay for this would triple the cost to run the event and almost certainly make it unviable.
Indeed.
It’s very unfair for Nik and Kirsty to have to deal with the owners when they are so vile.
remember, Nik, Kirsty, Brian and Rob have zero ‘them time’ during the CSF weekends. They work non stop so that schmucks like us can just bowl up and have fun. It’s very easy for us to say ‘just put up with it’ when it’s not us that has to put up with it.

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
I know reading my initial post it seem like a load of handbags and a bit petty, but that's just a summary. It's very hard to return to somewhere as a club when the management have called you, and this means YOU guys the attendees "disrespectful and rude".

You'd also hope that when you are bringing several hundred people to the circuit year after year, you'd at least be greeted on arrival and talked to like adults. We're (mostly) middle aged professional adults but because we are a Clio club we are spoken to like a bunch chavs who are going to cause trouble from the outset.

We've had a few discussions with other venues in the past and there is a level of pomposity in motorsport, and it's very hard to get taken seriously by venues when they see the name ClioSport. We were told by one venue that we couldn't afford them 😂

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah it’s crap being the organisers in this situation. I did it for a motorbike forum and when booking they seem all sweet and lovely but that can turn to poop pretty fast for no reason.

We got accused of something similar basically doing motocross in the field which left a mess and being generally rowdy, inconsiderate and rude. It simply wasn’t the case but as the organise you have to grim and bear it to a point.

anyone who takes on the role never really gets the credit they deserve.

I’d vote we find somewhere new.

either that or we go back to blyton and actually leave it a complete mess. 😬

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator

Edit:

Ah, the old “just put up with it”. Sage advice from someone who doesn’t actually have to put up with it. I was there in person to receive some of Blyton’s finest “hospitality” last year and to be frank, I wouldn’t grace them with another 50p of my money, let alone paying them more to host us.

Manners and respect cost nothing. They have neither. So it’s a no from me.

As others have said, the admin team on here put a huge amount of time and effort into CSF to make it what it is for us. They do that because they care, so it wasn’t an easy decision to make, but one we had to make.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
What about splitting it into two events?

Normal CSF day like we used to have at Gaydon and Duxford and a separate track day at another venue on a different day, it's not ideal but it has the advantage of only having to organise the CSF day as a track day company can organise the other.

Might not work but it's an idea.

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
What about splitting it into two events?

Normal CSF day like we used to have at Gaydon and Duxford and a separate track day at another venue on a different day, it's not ideal but it has the advantage of only having to organise the CSF day as a track day company can organise the other.

Might not work but it's an idea.

We have discussed going back to Gaydon or similar followed by camping nearby. I'm not sure how many would be up for an event without the track, but would be an option.

A large group booking on a public track day followed by camping organised as an after party nearby (like Ron organised in the past) would probably also work. This would give us the option of pretty much any circuit in the UK and give us the flexibility to move around more in future.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
Is
We have discussed going back to Gaydon or similar followed by camping nearby. I'm not sure how many would be up for an event without the track, but would be an option.

A large group booking on a public track day followed by camping organised as an after party nearby (like Ron organised in the past) would probably also work. This would give us the option of pretty much any circuit in the UK and give us the flexibility to move around more in future.

After party you say, I’m in 😍

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
It's what people make of it as well

Lets face it, facilities at Blyton are awful with regards to showers and toilets etc but it doesn't stop any of us having a good time.

Could be in a field with Tardis blocks and would still have a good time.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator

In my Vauxhall club days, we used to have a weekend event at Billing Aquadrome. That for me used to be the best event of the show season. Beer, bbq, mates and cars. Just good to get together with likeminded people.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
It's what people make of it as well

Lets face it, facilities at Blyton are awful with regards to showers and toilets etc but it doesn't stop any of us having a good time.

Could be in a field with Tardis blocks and would still have a good time.
All you need is beer and loud music! I’ve never seen someone so happy with both of those things. 😂

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Call it a Collecting Cars track meet.

They’ll fall over their dicks to host that.

NickReilly063

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy Rs265
Would somewhere like Mallory Park work or is it too high profile / expensive - Nik it’s a credit to you for organising this event as I get bored quickly trying to sort out a free Christmas party for a few people.

Shame I’ve not attended one and was looking forward to this years.

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
I’m guessing Cadwell would be way out of price range?

It’s a real shame the new management at Blyton have turned out like this 😡.

Status
Not open for further replies.