ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CS's Opinion on this monitor......

Not a 320d
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0041RXPQY/?tag=cliospnet01-21

Ive read somewhere it has flickering issues.

Its within budget, Id like to get a bigger monitor (Currently have a 24") which also have 1080p, mine doesnt. Dont need fancy 120hz 3D capabilities, just a crisp image and something thats good for gaming - itll be used with my PC and my games console.

Maybe 27" is too big?

Im open to other suggestions too.

Cheers.

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Get a second 24" screen....

Dual Monitor>Single monitor.

DSC02264.jpg
>
5919365_f496.jpg

I agree with Heez, depends what your after i suppose, but im running 2x 19" wide at the moment and looking for 2x 22" as an upgrade soon, multitasking saves so much time.

Rav4
Do you actually like widescreen monitors for working?

I have a 30" ACD at home, too big.

I have two 2245's at work, nice but dont like widescreens really.

I think two 20" 1600 x 1200 are the best.

Dual screens are great, as stated for multi tasking and increasing your productivity.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
How do dual screens work for gaming? Do you just game on 1 screen and browse the web etc on the other?

Not a 320d
Ive not got the room for 2 tbh! maybe youre right, 27inch would be too big. Maybe I should stick with 24.

27" is awesome.

It might seem it at first. Just like when you first got a big tv in the lounge. But you soon get used to it and want bigger.

No such thing as too big.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Yup.

27's seem big at first but you quickly get used to them.

Everyone who comes into my office comments on the huge screen. I love telling them it's the entire computer. Every time.

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
How do dual screens work for gaming? Do you just game on 1 screen and browse the web etc on the other?

You can use em for maximum immersivity ;)

Can go all out if you wish as well for sim racing....
20111230-IMG_1988.jpg

20111230-IMG_1993.jpg

Not mine but want.

Z4
Couldn't work on a 27 personally, too big. I've got a 23 currently and find it a little large, somewhere between 19-22 is ideal.

Now im looking at duel screens haha.

Cupra
If I was going to go for a 27" it would need to be high res (2560x) and an IPS panel, which puts them firmly into the territory of buying an iMac instead of just the screen.

I've got dual 24" (1920x1200) and the second screen stays off most of the time. I've only got the second one as I needed an IPS panel as I was sick of my photos looking different on screen than out of the printer. The TN panel is better for gaming so it has stayed for the time being.

Save some cash and get a decent quality 24 or 23 depending on whether you want 1920x1200 or 1920x1080.

DB.

BMW 440i
27" is awesome.

It might seem it at first. Just like when you first got a big tv in the lounge. But you soon get used to it and want bigger.

No such thing as too big.

Only yesterday was I looking at my 27" iMac and thinking, this could be better if it was 30" lol

DB.

BMW 440i
If I was going to go for a 27" it would need to be high res (2560x) and an IPS panel, which puts them firmly into the territory of buying an iMac instead of just the screen.

Do it. You won't regret it.

Cupra
I will when my PC dies/ can't do everything I need it to. Sadly, that isn't likely in the next 2-3 years!