ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CTR Aerial

Remapped derv Golf

Ive ordered one off Ebay for the sum of £3 including P&P. Havent got it yet but....

Anyone found any problems with there radio signal or alarm once fitted?

also anyone got any pictures?

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent

makes no difference to radio signal if anyhting improves it slightly and looks better

VaVa

Nah, just a lot shorter than the standard one. its only about 6"s long. Only reason Im getting one is because Im getting a Cup spoiler on my 172 and it fouls on the standard aerial!!

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

ive got one on mine, no difference to radio signal and doesnt affect the alarm? looks much better though.

Remapped derv Golf

Quote: Originally posted by lagerlout1 on 12 May 2005
Nah, just a lot shorter than the standard one. its only about 6"s long. Only reason Im getting one is because Im getting a Cup spoiler on my 172 and it fouls on the standard aerial!!

My Cup spoiler doesnt foul the aerial. The standard aerial is far too long imo.

So £3 is a good price then?

Are the CTR aerials a straight swap? i.e. do they just screw striaght into the exsiting mount on the roof with no risk of cross threading the base?

ST

I went into my local honda dealer for one and they wanted £25 for one......so i was like nah its ok so i just bought a black richbrook one from my local motor world instead.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by Adamf on 12 May 2005

My Cup spoiler doesnt foul the aerial. The standard aerial is far too long imo.

So £3 is a good price then?
If you have a cup the ariel is a different design.

£3 is about £12 less than i paid.

Remapped derv Golf

Quote: Originally posted by Middo on 12 May 2005
how did you manage to get one for £3?i thought they were £20

Just lucky because the auction finished in the middle of the night - when im at work lol!

Mind you I havent got it yet!

"Navy" N17 TWO

Mine was £19 from a Honda dealer
Travelling there - 20 miles with a dci - bout £1.50

The looks I got screwing it onto a Clio at a Honda showroom £££ PRICELESS ;) :cool:

It does work ok with the radio - some stations may not be as clear - havent fully compared the aerials TBH

Who needs the radio when you have your fav tunes on Mp3 :) I just use the radio for traffic/news mostly.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y43/ClioSport_Trev/DSCF0821.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y43/ClioSport_Trev/DSCF0746.jpg

:D

Remapped derv Golf

Got it today. Phew!

Havent been out to fit it yet but the thread looks very short compared to the clios original.

Quote: Originally posted by wkd_clio_16v on 12 May 2005
mine woz free!!!

So which poor buggers CTR did you nick it off

Remapped derv Golf

I just looked for " Honda aerial "

Seen them go for £20 on there before. If thats the case you might as well get one off Honda direct - if you live near a dealer of course.

£3 was really a lucky find - I was aiming to pay £15 at least.