ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CTR vs. 182

M5,Range Rover Sport & R1

Quote: Originally posted by jonnyboy on 28 August 2005

No your far funnier

i would be mate, considering im a part time comedian!!

but a full time BOXER!!!

so what was it that was bothering you??

Snotter's

very true simoted,just for the record though toypop it doesnt cost that much to get a 106 to type - r pace.like you say though high speeds and with people in the car a type - r would murder it.To me the appeal of having a saxo is its a chavs car (but i aint a chav) and can shock peole who wanna race.While im young i may aswell modify them,how sad is it when you see a middle aged bloke in a kitted car ?

Yaris Hybrid

I like the 182 because it can upset people in expensive cars but if I wanted a decent missus instead of the bint I have now Id go out and buy some 318.

MKIII 138

Quote: Originally posted by SOHROB on 28 August 2005

very true simoted,just for the record though toypop it doesnt cost that much to get a 106 to type - r pace.like you say though high speeds and with people in the car a type - r would murder it.To me the appeal of having a saxo is its a chavs car (but i aint a chav) and can shock peole who wanna race.While im young i may aswell modify them,how sad is it when you see a middle aged bloke in a kitted car ?
well isnt that just picking on someone else, id say thumbs up for being part of something and being unique something that cant be said for CTRs im affraid, there ten a penny and dull and a dull thing in dulls ville. cant everyone just do hat they fekin like to their cars it wont be long befoer we all have to catch the bus anyways.

Quote: Originally posted by trueblue on 28 August 2005

really? Your the one thats crashed the topic half way through and started all the Wee man sh*t. No need for it at all, but I cant be accused of starting anything cos I didnt. This conversation was reletively grown up before you turned up

alright johnnyboy, lets just clear this up, me and 182hero aint the same person.. and as for you not starting this, well you basically told me that i was talking alot of sh*te, by telling me not to be silly!!! look who is looking silly now, you are the only one that disagrees that a modded 106gti wont beat a CTR!! well wake up as its a personal experience and the facts match up!!

p.s DFS have a bank holiday sale on at the moment. if you want to trade your couch in for a faster model LOL;)

p.p.s this is cliosport, not couchsport!!!

No your far funnier, have a pop at the megane if it makes you feel better but one day when your all grown up youll probably end up wanting one :)

ohh your good at going back and editing your posts!! forgot to say something johnnyboy!!!

hey johnnyboy, nobody is even agreeing with you, havent you got the hint yet???

door is that way>>>>>>

Yaris Hybrid

I think we have lost track of what we were talking about now.

Back to the original subject!!!!

The CTR is a better car but it isnt better value for money. I believe that was what was concluded in the last hundred threads on this subject.

Quote: Originally posted by Toypop on 28 August 2005

I think we have lost track of what we were talking about now.

Back to the original subject!!!!

The CTR is a better car but it isnt better value for money. I believe that was what was concluded in the last hundred threads on this subject.

better built and a better gearbox, top end speed is not bad, but apart from that there cack!!!

still prefer the clio, but thats my opinion!

figures from EVO magazine

Clio - Civic-

£14700 16250

6.5 6.8 = 0-60

17.5 16.9 = 0-100

165 166 = bhp/ton

5 4 = star rating

Clio 182 described as the "The best hot hatch ever" by evo magazine.

I know which one id rather have.

Elise/VX220/R26

Quote: Originally posted by trueblue on 28 August 2005hey johnnyboy, nobody is even agreeing with you, havent you got the hint yet???door is that way>>>>>>

My GF has just read this, she thinks your all 18 years old and sad were having a good laugh anyway so cheers for the entertainment lol

I notice its all new users that are going to the most childish extremes. If these people are cliosports future good luck to you all :)

Quote: Originally posted by Toypop on 28 August 2005

Yes I agree, people spend all that time and money tuning cars but I still rather just buy a decent car to start with.

I still cant get over why people in car clubs are so obsessed with standing start figures.

Looking at the mods and the cost required to get that 106 up to CTR speed (and the CTR would still blow it away on a rolling 70 start IMO) I dont know whether to laugh or cry. How can anyone devote so much time and money to a 106?!?! Reminds me of a guy at work that has spent £12k on doing similar stuff to his Swift but he has added a supercharger and gone through a few engines too. He proudly talks about how he can smoke 182s and CTRs and I just laugh to myself and wonder if he has noticed that 99.9% of the popular arent rushing out to buy a Swift and supercharger for some mysterious reason...
how can someone devote so much time to a 106?? and why not matey???? it was voted the third best handlin car in the world so it has a great base to start building a pretty fast car on. some people want to be different. imagine the face which i have seen many times as you drive by audi tts, 172/182s and various others in a car which cost considerably a lot more than a 106 with the mods included. no one expects it and that is one of the reason why people do it. its good to be different!! why spend all that money on a new car mate when you can buy one for a couple of thousand and make it go just as well + still have money left in your pocket. puttin it that way whos more sensible????

Quote: Originally posted by trueblue on 28 August 2005
hey johnnyboy, nobody is even agreeing with you, havent you got the hint yet???

door is that way>>>>>>

My GF has just read this, she thinks your all 18 years old and sad were having a good laugh anyway so cheers for the entertainment lol

I notice its all new users that are going to the most childish extremes. If these people are cliosports future good luck to you all :)

you should have locked the door on your way out!!!

p.s i used to have a different username, but i sold my 172cup so i cant exactly post under a 172 name when i have a 182, you tube!!! especially when cliosport was transferring to the new server, so i had to have a new username put in place!!!

so no im not a new user, and ive been using this forum for more than a year n a half!!!

Hey im a new user! I thought my post was OK trying to bring some hard figures and more educated opinion (not me but EVO magazine who drive the cars head to head on the track etc use data logging equipment) rather then my mates got one or I had a 10 min test drive and I think.

If you really want to know which cars are best dont read this forum but take a trip to the newsagents and buy a magazine dedicated what we are supposedly all into.

true mate but facts and figuers dont really mean much when they are that close. its down to the driver as i have already stated. jonnyboy you werent readin it with your girlfriend. your mam was readin it out to you. come on now son you dont have to lie to us. tell her to cook the eggs for a bit longer the next time im up as they were a bit runny. oh and if i meet you in the hallway again just reffer to me as dad, lol

jonnyboy how do you gain information and become educated on a subject?

I always thought by reading a magazine dedicated to driving performance cars which is unbiased, as far as I know, uses professional racing drivers for track day car tests, writes informative articles, tests the cars in a wide range of conditions etc. etc .etc. would be a good basis to help me form my own opinion on what car is best.

Unless you can suggest a better way I will stick to the above.

Elise/VX220/R26

get on a track/road and race everything for yourself, have mates who have similar cars you can drive etc etc

182zero, your here all week yeah?

You must have a good bunch of mates!

This months EVO tested Focus RS, new Focus ST, Astra VXR, Golf GTI, Meg Trophy, clio trophy. Strapped the timing gear on and figured them round a track in gear times etc. etc.

I hear what your saying but I do not do track days or have a pool of mates willing to lend me keys to all the latest performance cars.

If you do fair play, unfortunately I dont so I will have to stick to reading my magazines.

Elise/VX220/R26

yeah good plan, had a toy with an elise 135r today got up to about 100mph on public roads it was ace you cant beat racing on public roads, it brilliant, I reccomend everyone tries it

MKIII 138

yeah good plan, had a toy with an elise 135r today got up to about 100mph on public roads it was ace you cant beat racing on public roads, it brilliant, I reccomend everyone tries it
nah it was 140 and i only did 90

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

WHAT A PILE OF sh*t THIS THREAD REALLY IS...

[Edited by seb182 on 28 August 2005 at 8:32pm]

Elise/VX220/R26

aaaaaaaahmen brother! I think these racing threads are irresponsible and should be deleted without delay!

MKIII 138

why cant people just accept the civic is a nice little car but the mucielargo i drove on saturday puts them all to shame 600+ bhp monster 6.0 V12 makes this argument seem daft like 0-100 in 16.8 vs 17.2 or something it would be pertinent to contrast a 0-100 in 10.67 secs like a WR1 does thats a real performance car.

the ctr is god damn plain butt ugly.

tiTTy & SV650

i think people dislike how every tom dick and harry thinks of the CTR as being a good quick car and dismisses the RS Clios as shopping trolleys, where in reality theres f**k all in it.

Cars mean so many things to so many people. Its the cars we drive that enable forums like this to exist. You ask 100 people a question and their answers will always differ due to peoples interpretation and beliefs.

see a ctr may be faster in some aspects and the clio handle better in others, but the bottom line each car will means something to someone and annoy another for the same reason. Asking a which is best type question will never generate a positive outcome.

Im really surprised others on this thread have become so agitated and started getting personal etc. come on guys grow up for gods sake!!

Moderator i think its time to close this thread!