ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cummins 5.9 Engined Defender...

gavinf91

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 9, Fiesta
Maybe I’m just full on rose tinted glasses, but I LOVE driving it. Must do 1,000 miles a month in it, no issues.

@gavinf91 why did you sell it? Must have only been recently you sold it?

I felt bad scratching up a near £30k Defender on lanes and I had no money left for mods so I sold it and got a Discovery 2 instead. It’s 90% of the experience but nowhere near as cool.

gavinf91

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 9, Fiesta
@gez 172 it happened sooner than expected lol.

0D0738CC-2668-43BB-9DB8-69270A730433.jpeg

Twingo 1??

ClioSport Club Member
  Twingo 133 Cup,
I really don't get the love for them 🤷‍♂️. Just helping a mate sell 3 of his they would make good projects for someone. Think I have spent to much time fixing them now so the hate is strong.

gavinf91

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 9, Fiesta
Love the sound of the TD5 a simple remap to 170hp and straight pipe it.

Aye, I’ve got a mapped Disco 2 and it sounds the nuts.

He's probably already sold it 🤣🤣

tempted, I was on some green lanes near Holme moss last night and the headlights stopped working.

I really don't get the love for them 🤷‍♂️. Just helping a mate sell 3 of his they would make good projects for someone. Think I have spent to much time fixing them now so the hate is strong.

They look cool and other Landy nonces wave at you.

gavinf91

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 9, Fiesta
Both of my Defenders have been perfectly reliable in the few weeks I’ve owned them 😉

(apart from the headlights failing first day of ownership but that’s a bodged wiring job)

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Having worked at Land Rover (Market Rasen), I'd never want a Land Rover.

The issues were/are continuous. But this contraption is damn good fun (it appears)

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
I keep saying this - I’ve heard VW/BMW/Merc mechanics say they wouldn’t touch the brands they work for after what they’ve seen…

whichever brand you work for, your going to see the common issues/designs flaws.

Ive had 3 RR/LR’s and all have been absolutely fine.

Panda.

ClioSport Club Member
  850 T5
It’s been painted, new wheels, new suspension, new interior, new glass… It now looks like this, and has a manual gearbox.

(And for the record, towing a 6.0 Landrover on a heavy as f**k farm trailer was sketchy as f**k! 😂)

View attachment 1600099
Nosied (?) round this last week the colour is absolutely spot on and suits it so well!!

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
I keep saying this - I’ve heard VW/BMW/Merc mechanics say they wouldn’t touch the brands they work for after what they’ve seen…

whichever brand you work for, your going to see the common issues/designs flaws.

Ive had 3 RR/LR’s and all have been absolutely fine.

Without doubt. I used to attend a lot of dealer training for Ford techs and they moaned endlessly about how s**t the cars were, but it's because they are exposed to the problems with them 40 hours a week. They don't notice the thousands of others that are driving about without issue.

That being said, I still wouldn't own anything from JLR. There's s**t, and then there's JLR s**t.

gavinf91

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 9, Fiesta
What’s your thoughts on TD5 vs Puma?
Td5 by a mile. A Defender is all about character and the TD5 has infinitely more than a transit engined Puma. The interior was slightly better in the puma and it had a few extra toys but I honestly prefer the flaps to air con 😂

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
I agree about the character of the TD5 - it’s a unique sound. Although im happy with the 6 speed box and a/c 😂.

gavinf91

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 9, Fiesta
These do very little for me but that is gorgeous!! I had a drive once many years ago on a car park and went over a curb and hedge and thought I was an explorer!

Thanks mate, I think the colour and black details work really well. They’re great fun to bimble about in, horrendous when you first drive one but you get used to it and then if you ever sell it you want another straight away like me.