ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cup 172 .gd deal

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Private or trade?
belts?
Whatever its still pretty good cos such low mileage.

Personally id try knock them down to at least 4k.

My 172 with the same year and mileage and FSH was 3700, and that was from a garage, and cups are meant to be cheaper?

Sounds like a nice find though.

Iceberg 172
I just paid £3800 for an absolutely MINT 53 plate Cup but with slightly higher mileage but FSH and all Belts done etc. Also has Ktec coilies, Ktec stealth exhaust, he chucked in a mint spare speedline turini as well as 2 spare 16" tyres!

Iceberg 172
I know Cups were a lot cheaper when new but surely they're more sought after than FF's?????

If there was a 172 FF and a 172 Cup, same year, same condition, etc etc i'd pay more for the Cup. Maybe I'm a mug!

Is it this the cup your looking at http://pistonheads.com/sales/1377431.htm
its a 53 reg, this car has been on pistonheads before for quite a few month and it never sold and now its back on, for that spec and that price it should have been snapped up when it was first put on, id just be a bit cautious as i suspect they might be a few lurking problems

When I was looking for a Cup last year, the Cups were more expensive than the normal 172s. Also the Cups seem to change hands alot more than the normal 172s. Although that might be just me because I notice Cups for sale more than the other specs.

172 cup
Is it this the cup your looking at http://pistonheads.com/sales/1377431.htm
its a 53 reg, this car has been on pistonheads before for quite a few month and it never sold and now its back on, for that spec and that price it should have been snapped up when it was first put on, id just be a bit cautious as i suspect they might be a few lurking problems

Yeh a was thinking that , contacted the guy n he was a bit blunt with me. said he wont take anything less than 4400 for it. cheers

TTRS & V50
I just paid £3800 for an absolutely MINT 53 plate Cup but with slightly higher mileage but FSH and all Belts done etc. Also has Ktec coilies, Ktec stealth exhaust, he chucked in a mint spare speedline turini as well as 2 spare 16" tyres!

Good deal that.

Iceberg 172
Good deal that.

I'm more than happy with it yeah! The car is minty mint apart from one tiny tiny tiny lil dink in the rear 1/4 but you really wouldn't notice it until it's pointed out.

The suspension is brand new as are the tyres.

Lovely car.

I'm more than happy with it yeah! The car is minty mint apart from one tiny tiny tiny lil dink in the rear 1/4 but you really wouldn't notice it until it's pointed out.

The suspension is brand new as are the tyres.

Lovely car.

That seems a good deal to, i bought my 53 cup a few month back for 5.4k private, paid a bit over the odds but the condition its in is outstanding, 27k miles, fsh, 4x new sports contact tyres, 12 months mot, completely standard, not one single mark on the wheels and the bodywork and interior is like showroom condition, i searched for a mint 172 cup for ages and i finally got one :D

Iceberg 172
I think sometimes you have to pay over the odds mate... I'd of liked less miles than mine (50k) but I liked the mods etc so had to have it... plus it didn't have black wheels! lol. And it was also owned by a mature late 20's guy with his own house etc so you know he's not some boy racer.

renault clio 172 cup
just got my cup and it's on 48k, just had all the belts done and de-phaser pulley as a precaution with 4 matching tyres and 2 owners from new, completely standard.£2600 on a 2003 plate.

just got my cup and it's on 48k, just had all the belts done and de-phaser pulley as a precaution with 4 matching tyres and 2 owners from new, completely standard.£2600 on a 2003 plate.

God that is cheap, ive only seen cups which are in pretty bad condition and with about 80k on the clock for that price

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
If its exactly what you're after then only you can judge if its a good deal.

I personally would rather pay over the odds if its as good as he's saying. As for him being blunt, Pistonheads attracts the most insane number of dickheads so he's probably just a little bit pissed off with all the ''Would you swap for my bodykitted 1.1 saxo'' emails and calls.

172 cup
If its exactly what you're after then only you can judge if its a good deal.

I personally would rather pay over the odds if its as good as he's saying. As for him being blunt, Pistonheads attracts the most insane number of dickheads so he's probably just a little bit pissed off with all the ''Would you swap for my bodykitted 1.1 saxo'' emails and calls.

thats a very vald point mate. he probably gets a lot of time wasters