ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup alarm keeps going off - help!!!

Tappd'd RS

My alarm keeps going off!

After I lock the car, about 20 minutes later the alarm seems to go off for no apparent reason. When I then unlock the car, there’s a series of beeps which stop after about 7 seconds.

I’m going out of my mind – can anyone help?

Renault Laguna Coupe

Your dealer probably can - the beeps are to tell you why the alarm went off - basically which sensor it was. Your dealer can easily track down the problem.

Tappd'd RS

cheers guys - mick, how have you managed to lock your car without setting the alarm off then? Ill have to wait til monday to take it to the dealer!

320d M Sport

it could be a window open a bit?! Or that a catch (door or boot) isnt registering as being shut.

You can lock doors using key....but the boot is always open.Immobiliser is ok though.If you check alarm manual it tells you from number of beeps where problem is.

Tappd'd RS

4 beeps - so it thinks someone has tried to start the engine.

Its an 03 Cup with no driver door lock so I can only lock the passenger door! Gonna put it in my Dads garage until I can get it to the dealer on Monday.

Cheers for your help guys and anymore pearls of wisdom are most welcome!

Try closing the vents in the cabin it maybe that the alarm is so sensative that it detects the movment of air in the cabin and sets the alarm of. Thats what they recomended to do to mine until they had it in to turn its sensitivity down when i took it in. Well thats what they said they did to it.

Clio 1.6 16V

Not sure about the Cup alarm, but I managed to disable the Cobra ultrasonics on previous Clio alarms by switching off the car, open the drivers door, turn the ignition on and off twice (without starting), shut the door then lock it with the central locking as normal. had to do this when i got a new 2001 Sport 1.6 16v. Reno had to turn the ultrasonic sensitivity down twice before it was ok. Hot air from the heater vents kept setting it off.

it will be the interior light switches on either the o/s - n/s door - bonnet - are the tailgate. if one is faulty are not adjusted correctly it will automatically tell the ecu that the car is open - which in return will trigger of the alarm. If its not this it may be a faulty alarm unit - they have been known to mess up on clio,s. It did it on my v6 - it was the tailgate sensor switch !