ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup - Blue or Silver

Clio v6

Did I hear someone say the Cup was going to have an extended run and all colours would be available?

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by dash on 19 August 2003

Did I hear someone say the Cup was going to have an extended run and all colours would be available?
Can open... worms everywhere.... :sick:

I think youll actually find that the Mk2 V6 and the Cup blue are the same! Whether or not they call it Mondial Blue doesnt matter - check it out when you see one - its clear from the magazines that its the same.

It was mentioned in EVO that renault was thinking of dropping the 172 and just having the cup with a option list. I assume this would include all the colours of the 172.

They should of kept it blue. Or if they wanted another colour should of chosen a colour you cant get with any other clio, 172 included.

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 19 August 2003

the blue the cup comes in is possibly one of the most repulsive shades they could of chosen.

It looks like something a 12yr old would paint their tonka truck if they had a choice. Its tacky.

Sorry, but it just looks plain cheap, and the blue trim......jesus, dont get me started.

Silver anyday.

Ben - u are the first, no, the ONLY, person I have ever heard to critisise the Cup blue!!!

RSTDL - firstly I wouldnt class the Cup blue as a blue/purple flip - its just a very very sparkly metallic, it isnt a flip - or at least the one that lives in my garage isnt!!! Also, the V6 Mk2 that was on our stand at Donny didnt look to be "the same" as a Cup either - anybody else think it was from seeing both cars at the same time?

Quote: Originally posted by RSTDL on 19 August 2003

Yeah the point being though that the cup (like the williams) was marketed as a one colour only model (mondial blue) and thats what it should have been kept as - it made it unique, and that little bit different from the a standard red, black, blue or silver 172 - A cup in silver will always look like a 172 with a cheap interior and NOT like an original cup - nobody who sees one in silver is going to go "oh look, theres one of those 172 CUPs......" Sorry, but it shouldnt have been allowed - it kinda pisses of cup owners - just like the way they added climate control - I fail to understand how that would be top of the shopping list when purchasing a performance car? But yeah, after everything if silvers your thing get silver just be prepared for "oh I thought they were all made in that subaru blue colour........"

BenR - I take it you mean V6 sprayed blue? Did the customer not know that it was available in blue to start with (Oddysey blue for Mk1) or mondial blue for Mk2?
Ooops, yea.......

He did know yes, but of all the 14 V6s we sold, we only ever got silver, coloured ones we never had the choice take from the factory.....being the arses they are. We couldnt get enough of them, but the factory decided we had enough, yea ok.....so we bought all of S.Africas stock.

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

Yeah the point being though that the cup (like the williams) was marketed as a one colour only model (mondial blue) and thats what it should have been kept as - it made it unique, and that little bit different from the a standard red, black, blue or silver 172 -

Just like there was only going to be a limited amount of williams and 172 cups built :D

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by ChavyBoy on 20 August 2003

Just like there was only going to be a limited amount of williams and 172 cups built
Well, if the Cup does end in November (as we were told) then we could be ok, but I wonder if theres a "Cup 2" in the pipeline a la Williams Stylee?!

Yeah the point being though that the cup (like the williams) was marketed as a one colour only model (mondial blue) and thats what it should have been kept as - it made it unique, and that little bit different from the a standard red, black, blue or silver 172 -

Just like there was only going to be a limited amount of williams and 172 cups built :D

limited number of Williams - yes

limited number of Cups - no, Renault never said this!

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by kis172 on 20 August 2003

There is something somewhere about them being limited, but its not a limited number of say 1000 cars then production stops, its a case of they will be made for a certain period of time.

They were originally limited to 500, but demand was so high they made it a production model. Thats what I read anyway...

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

I dont believe they were ever limited in any way, but maybe someone knows better / other than that ??
Jeremy will know...

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

Just like there was only going to be a limited amount of williams and 172 cups built

limited number of Williams - yes

K, there was only ment to be 400 williams, there turned out to be phase 1, phase 2 and phase 3.

I heard cups numbers were also limited as well.

Titanium 182

craggy, bought one from a lad on here, not that shed i though might be a good idea, sorry meant black my sax is silver lol

il be glad to see the back of the saxo, i enjoyed it

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Jeremy Townsend on 25 August 2003

Cup build ends in November and theres no plan to replace it so far.
Hes back... ;)

Clio Sport S

Information in spanish magazines is clear about it :

only 2500 Clio Cup units all over the world; the amount needed to homologation for Race in Group N Rally cars

172 units in Spain (mine is the last, vendor said when I get it on March 8). The car disappear from Renault spanish web in February 15 aprox.

This car is called "Cup" in UK, "Jean Ragnotti" in France and "Sport S" (Special) in Spain

The new car, wich is a Cup but only gray color and with the possible install of air con, is called "Sport Light" in Spain. I have no information about is another limited edition or not.