ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup - drivers seat

Not sure if its been raised before.

The springs in the drivers seat appear to be making nosies, it sounds like their rubbing against the foam. Im just average weight so wouldnt say the seat has been over used or anything like that.

Any suggestions for a quick fix or should I be paying the dealer a visit.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

we normally partially strip the seat and apply grease to the seat frame.take it to your dealer they are a pain in the arse to do.

E36 323i coupe

pm steve-hall and ask him about his seats, and then if you can afford it, rip the standard ones out, throw them away and get some nice Konigs like Steves.

Ill pop into the dealer and see what they suggest - I am tempted to change the seats. Its a pity renault didnt offer it as an option. :cry:

This happened to mine, it sounded like my favourite old armchair everytime I went over bumps / round corners!! Renault sorted it a good 10k ago and the problem hasnt come back.

Cup 172

Im looking in the back of the CLIO CUP 172 brochure and it mentions that they do race-ready packages that include full race seats. Does anyone know what make of seats these are and how much they cost, and whether they have a folding mechanism to allow people to get into the back.

Thanks folks!

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Mike - I also did the same. My dealer said they arent retro fit, only factory option so I asked him squarely in the showroom if I had a brand new Cup can I have them fitted and was politely told no.

Seemed pointless putting it in the catalogue tbh.

Quote: Originally posted by Jon1978 on 22 December 2003

pm steve-hall and ask him about his seats, and then if you can afford it, rip the standard ones out, throw them away and get some nice Konigs like Steves.

One problem is that your insurance company wouldnt like that, just like they go ape sh*t if you tell them about aftermarket pedals. However, guess you dont have to tell them! :D

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Why ??, no offense to cup owners but they are crap, if I had a Cup I would do what most of them do, chuck em and put some proper bucket seats in.