ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup for trophy

Thinking of part exing my 03 172 cup with 15000 miles for the clio trophy, have been offerred £7k for mine? cash price for trophy £13250, any views please (i thought the cash price for trophy pretty good).

yep....do it....I got 7250 for a 53 27k 172 bog and 14495 for my trophy.....plus you can take advantage of a 0% finance option on the trophy which if youve got the cash means you could make a little in interest over the term!

[Edited by jimbers45 on 01 July 2005 at 9:30am]

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..

..whats the point? im sure ppl will point out the differences as i dont know them all but; v6 spoiler, different colour wheels, uprated suspension, a couple of white stickers, its ltd edition which means it might be worth an extra £10 in a couple of years, oh and its red :sleep:, you could change some of those yourself and keep the money, im not knocking the trophy it looks good but to swap over what you have pfft, still if you want it you gota have it eh lol

until were certain on what can be done with the suspension, id hold out

it may be good and stiff, but still the fact still remains, it has the ride height of a hackney cab

Lee

BMW M2C

Nothing needs doing to the suspension.

Theres nothing wrong with the ride hight either. Its a car for f**ks sake, if it was any lower Id not be able to get to work in it.

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355

Quote: Originally posted by Bryan on 01 July 2005

until were certain on what can be done with the suspension, id hold out

it may be good and stiff, but still the fact still remains, it has the ride height of a hackney cab

Theres no point in buying the Trophy if you want to change the suspension.

Its been set up properly by people who know what they are doing, no point in just sticking a set of lowering springs on the thing and stuffing up the handling.

GW Clio 200

I do seem to sense a little animosity toward the lovely lil Trophy, I think it may have to do with the fact certain individuals feel shafted by renault in the way they have gone about releasing there latest set of cars.

I had my doubts too, but I have now test driven this sporty little beast and it is very aestetically pleasing to the eye as well as a lovely car to drive. The V6 Spolier does make a nice difference, subtle but nice. The Anthracite Turinis are also as nice touch. The Trophy decal labelled "That Sticker" is quite tastefully done, its not over the top as some thought of the Gordini Stripes,although I hastened to add, I thought they were pretty k3wl!!

However, the car is nice to drive and sitting in those recaros makes the drive that little bit more interesting.

The colour of the Trophy in real life is quite different than in any pics that I have seen. I really liked it.. I had the same sort of thing when I saw the Cup for the first time and the Monaco Blue...it looks the part.

I would be positive as I have ordered one and would not have if I didnt like it. But, I had to see it for real to be convinced so for those who are a little sceptical I understand were you are coming from.

If I had a Cup and was offered book price on it, I would definately go for the Trophy. I have a 04 182 and Im STILL going for the Trophy thats because I get a hard on for buying a car every year...stupid I know but hey!!! I dont drink or smoke so goyta spend my dough on something I like to do.

i have no problems with the trophy, i tink it is exacly as renault should have released it in the 1st place

just every picture ive ever seen, the arch gap is just far too much, maybe different in real life, but i couldnt live with a car that appears that high

and nik - springs alone? nah, coilovers would ave been the only thing to change the suspension for ;)

Lee

BMW M2C

Ben commented a short while ago that the setup on the front of the Trophy is probably better than coilovers. Coilovers are not the answer to everything, you lot just think they are because it means you can wreck your arches and then go on about how cool your car is because you cant drive anywhere with more than 2 people in it.

And the Trophy isnt how Renault should have released the car in the first place, its how one of the models in the 182 range should have been maybe. Its too stiffly sprung for most people. Of course everyone on here is so "hardcore" driving round in cars that make your teeth fall out and your internals bleed so the Trophy is seen as soft, when its far from that.

FFS wake up and join the real world, Cliosport is tiny. Renault have to appeal to a hell of a lot more than a bunch of know it alls on here.

That rant has nothing to do with me having a Trophy, its based on all Clios. I dont care what people think about it. Theres some of you on here who would knock anything with a Renault badge anyway.

Personally I woulndt its over £6k for one which will be worth maybe £2k extra if your lucky. If you can afford and are willing to loose £5k loss over 2 yrs then go for it. (dont forget youve got interest on lons to pay).

Your being offered a good price for both the trophy and your cup but still its a lot of cash which Id personally spend on other things ie holidays/ track days etc.

Basically youll be loosing IMO £200 a month just to own one.

GW Clio 200

I tend to agree with what Lee is saying here.

Threads on this forum seem to be full of Clio haters. They hate this, they hate that, they would never buy a Clio again.

Yet, no matter what these people say. The renaultsports Clios ( which are hugely different to those in the other classes ) are out performing cars twice there value and come better equipped than most cars costing over 20k.

If you didnt want a hothatch that will give you more smile per mile than anything else near its range, maybe you should consider going elsewere to buy your next car.

But before you go, tell me!!

where are you going to buy a car for list price of £15,000 (but most get that down to £13,500) that comes with Leather interior, Xenons, Cruise control, Climate control, autowipers/lights, and a car that beat the focus RS and the Porshe Boxster around the Top Gear test track. 0-60 in 6.** seconds......

The answer: you cant!!!

GW Clio 200

Quote: Originally posted by edde on 01 July 2005
Personally I woulndt its over £6k for one which will be worth maybe £2k extra if your lucky. If you can afford and are willing to loose £5k loss over 2 yrs then go for it. (dont forget youve got interest on lons to pay).Your being offered a good price for both the trophy and your cup but still its a lot of cash which Id personally spend on other things ie holidays/ track days etc.Basically youll be loosing IMO £200 a month just to own one.

ROFL

Why do people think buying a car is an investment....Most car purchases are purely for vanity. If you want the latest and greatest it costs money. If you dont have the money then dont buy the car. If you can afford the car and want to treat yourself to the newest model in the range, then fukking go for it ffs, you only live once.

For those who want to buy a car that does not depreciate. go buy a Classic

VaVa

Quote: Originally posted by Lee on 01 July 2005

Ben commented a short while ago that the setup on the front of the Trophy is probably better than coilovers. Coilovers are not the answer to everything, you lot just think they are because it means you can wreck your arches and then go on about how cool your car is because you cant drive anywhere with more than 2 people in it.

And the Trophy isnt how Renault should have released the car in the first place, its how one of the models in the 182 range should have been maybe. Its too stiffly sprung for most people. Of course everyone on here is so "hardcore" driving round in cars that make your teeth fall out and your internals bleed so the Trophy is seen as soft, when its far from that.

FFS wake up and join the real world, Cliosport is tiny. Renault have to appeal to a hell of a lot more than a bunch of know it alls on here.

That rant has nothing to do with me having a Trophy, its based on all Clios. I dont care what people think about it. Theres some of you on here who would knock anything with a Renault badge anyway.
Spot on. Give that man a beer. ;-)

lol this is just that same as when the 182 first came out and ppl in 172 was saying not to get it not worth the extra££££

at the end of the day its your life and your money, if u want it buy it and enjoy it!

u cant spend ya money when ya dead!

Quote: Originally posted by .:xTreme:. on 01 July 2005

Why do people think buying a car is an investment....Most car purchases are purely for vanity. If you want the latest and greatest it costs money. If you dont have the money then dont buy the car. If you can afford the car and want to treat yourself to the newest model in the range, then fukking go for it ffs, you only live once.

For those who want to buy a car that does not depreciate. go buy a Classic
I agree buying a car is the worlds worse investment particularly a new one. However I was trying to say that personally Id look at it as a ~£200 a month cost sure you cannot leave this earth with a penny but surly thinking that its either a Cup and a few holidays touring the word a year or a troply for me personally puts it in prespective.

Buying a classic still costs a fortune though its the running costs which cost.

Elise/VX220/R26

Just to put this in prespective. Your paying £6257 to change. I personally cannot see that changing a clio for a clio is worth that amount of money. Had the same dilema when the 182 first came out, fancied one for about a month but waited. Something better will always come out and youll prolly wish you hadnt done it

No car is a financial investment, if we all sat down and rationally considered the costs of running a car...

- purchase
- depreciation
- insurance
- road tax
- petrol

....wed probably all be riding bicycles.

A car is a different type of investment, not a financial investment, but a investment in fun/enjoyment etc. Its the non financial benefits from driving a nice car, feeling good about yourself, looking forward to driving the car, the hairs rising on your neck etc. If a car is more than just about getting from A - B then these things should ring true...if not go and buy a nice cheap sensible car.

If you can afford it and really want it, I say why not. Thats why I bought my 182 a year ago, yes its loss £sss over the last 12 months but I just think of all the fun Ive had in it.

Cheers

Paul