ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup Issues - Advise Please

All,

I hope someone with Renault knowledge can help me with this ?

Having recently purchased my Cup, I have discovered a few minor issues with it over the last 3 weeks.

(1) - Morning (Cold) start - it never starts first time.

The only way to get it to start is to key on to ignition, wait 5 seconds (no fuel priming noise), then key off, and repeat, then you hear fuel pump priming and engine fires. Now is this an ECU/Calibration issue or a faulty fuel pump ?Dealers seems to ignore me !!!

(2) - Passenger seat - rattles more than a snakes tail. Dealer seem to think its OK....MMmmm

(3) - Suspension clonk from front - not sure which side - yet to approach dealer, but after the above experiences, not sure I want to !

Maybe a trip to Renault factory coming on....or can anyone reccommend a dealer in Essex to go to ?

Thanks,

Newbie (ish)

Mike

seat runners have been known to need replacing occasionally a few peeps have had this and normally get it sorted under warranty, and the clonk is an engine mount issue which im told is an ongoing problem that renault are looking at, as for the cold start im not sure tbh

From what Ive read on here, avoid Chelmsford Lookers and head for Romford dealership instead. :)

Oh, and welcome aboard if I havent said hello before!

Come on Mike, dont be a tight b*****d, join up, and you can come along to all our fantastic meetings!!

No pressure or anything;)

Do 172s have an immobiliser? My 106 used to do that non-start thing like you describe. It was an immobiliser issue.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by jonm on 29 June 2003

Do 172s have an immobiliser? My 106 used to do that non-start thing like you describe. It was an immobiliser issue.
Aaaah... but that was a common fault onm the Pug mate, mine did it and it was just the arial for the transponder in the steering column.

Cheap & easy to sort, but on a new Clio this shouldnt happen!

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by M111KES on 28 June 2003

All,

I hope someone with Renault knowledge can help me with this ?

Having recently purchased my Cup, I have discovered a few minor issues with it over the last 3 weeks.

(1) - Morning (Cold) start - it never starts first time.

The only way to get it to start is to key on to ignition, wait 5 seconds (no fuel priming noise), then key off, and repeat, then you hear fuel pump priming and engine fires. Now is this an ECU/Calibration issue or a faulty fuel pump ?Dealers seems to ignore me !!!

(2) - Passenger seat - rattles more than a snakes tail. Dealer seem to think its OK....MMmmm

(3) - Suspension clonk from front - not sure which side - yet to approach dealer, but after the above experiences, not sure I want to !

Maybe a trip to Renault factory coming on....or can anyone reccommend a dealer in Essex to go to ?

Thanks,

Newbie (ish)

Mike

SNAP. Ive got all 3. The starting thing doesnt bother me.

The seat runners were replaced after 2 weeks, but have started to rattle again over the weekend. The dealer tried to fob me off getting the seat done, but I still had them do it.

Tomorrow its going in to get the knocking fixed.

Lee

Get a knock on full lock over uneven ground, had it on both Cups, just thought it was the suspension hitting the stopper to stop hit taking out the arches. Did have engine mount knock,but if i tell the dealer it only happened when I was at bedford changing from 4th to 5th on the limiter i dont think they would do anything.

Have the seat runner and the squeaky seat, no cold start problems. YET!

what can they do with the seat runner? i have traced the noise in my clio to being the passenger seat..makes sense why no one else when out with me could hear it as when someone is sitting on it is quiet, when i am out myself it rattles