ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup issues

Had my pre-registered Cup now for about a week and all appears well with it apart from a few minor niggles.

1) Small rattle from near the instrument binnacle. Its not too bad and I assume its cos its a Renault!

2) The sticky stuff on the Cup 172 badge on the drivers side was coming off after washing it today. It looks ok though although the "2" onthe 172 bit is very slightly wonky!

3) The N/S rear arch has what feels like a sandpapery coating of paint in an area about 6 inches long. Is this normal as none of the other arches have it? It is slightly discoloured here too.

4) Also what oil is used by the Renault factory so I get the correct grade/make to top up when needed.

Thanks in advance,

Tim

Hi

I can maybe answer number three for you! If its what i think it is, i had the same problem on my 172. it was a laquer finish, i.e lack of it. there where places all over the car that had a sort of rough sandpapery finish - took it to renault and they sorted it.

i;m sure if the other arch on yours isnt the same, then its not right!

Ph1 172

Tim the cup badges are always of bad quality I can only suggest you return to your dealer and ask them to replace the badges. All cups have those rattles and its some thing you have to live with, its all due to the hard susspension which sends a lot more shocks though the body.

The sandpaper effect you describe I can only assume is overspray. Do you ever park bear a body shop or anything alongs those lines?

The rattles come and go. I get that instrument binnacle rattle sometimes. Very annoying as its right infront of you.

The blue bits in the dash buzz sometimes as does the rear hatch after youve opened it.

A lot of this is attributable to the generally terrible road surfaces we have to put up with in this country despite paying £2,000,000,000 in road taxes.

Embarrassed to say

No do not take your car for anything unless its really serious. Get things like that done at the service perhaps. Maybe im talking out of my ass but there arent many good dealers so you want to try and keep the car away from them for as long as poss.

Ph1 172

I would say try and polish out the sandpaper effect on you rear arch but if this does not work take it back to your dealer.

Quote: Originally posted by cupsportmad on 08 June 2004

No do not take your car for anything unless its really serious. Get things like that done at the service perhaps. Maybe im talking out of my ass but there arent many good dealers so you want to try and keep the car away from them for as long as poss.

huh if ANYTHING is wrong with a brand new car THEN TAKE IT BACK!! if they fail to fix it to a satisfactory standard then take it back again.

im sorry mate but saying do not take it back is stupid you have paid ALOT of money and should expect everything to be correct no matter how small or minor it might be

Quote: Originally posted by Tim010 on 08 June 2004

Had my pre-registered Cup now for about a week and all appears well with it apart from a few minor niggles.

1) Small rattle from near the instrument binnacle. Its not too bad and I assume its cos its a Renault!

2) The sticky stuff on the Cup 172 badge on the drivers side was coming off after washing it today. It looks ok though although the "2" onthe 172 bit is very slightly wonky!

3) The N/S rear arch has what feels like a sandpapery coating of paint in an area about 6 inches long. Is this normal as none of the other arches have it? It is slightly discoloured here too.

4) Also what oil is used by the Renault factory so I get the correct grade/make to top up when needed.

Thanks in advance,

Tim
1:) Rattles are part of the deal when you own a cup, sorry i mean renault.

2:) Be thankful that your one said 172....mine said 172 on one side and 17 on the other. I wonder which is correct.

3:)I would take it back and complain.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Welcome to Clio ownership...
[/QUOTE]

Mine fell off after 3 days, just pick the yellow "172" bits off thats what I did.
[/QUOTE]

No, that should not be like that!
[/QUOTE]

They come with Elf 10W40 semi-synthetic oil from the factory, but any good ACEA A3/B3 rated 10W40 semi-synth will do.
[/QUOTE]