ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup just ordered! ECU latest

BMW X5, Exige 260.

Hi !

ordered a Cup day before yesterday - delivery 15th April, cant wait :)

What is the latest about the ECU upgrade - the sales rep didnt have a clue!

Adrian

Nissan R35 GT-R

Id give your car a couple of thousand miles before you get the upgrade ECU for it mate.

The ECU is available now and costs £198 + vat + fitting. Its available from R-Sport.

BMW X5, Exige 260.

Yea Im certainly going to run it in and get the full measure of the car prior to ECU upgrade, probably do 5000 miles first.

Ive checked the cup website but cant find the upgrades, can anyone help me, im a bit of a mailto:fuc@;it">fuc@;it?

maybe a link...

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

but its not the same car!!

the ecu dont control just the engine

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

I thought somebody already had it on there mk1 172 .. :confused:

I wouldnt bother anyway, from what I have read from Cup owners who have had it done it dont really make much difference.

Think i would rather pay for a Dastek chip at least then if you have any other mods they can be taken into account.

Nissan R35 GT-R

Quote: Originally posted by SHORTY on 04 April 2003

why cant the ecu upgrade work its the same F**king engine
Read some of the old posts by using search.

In a nutshell, the ECU does the diagnostics on the car, the ABS, the airbag system, and a whole host of other things. For this reason it will not work on anything other than a Cup since the Cup does not have ABS, has half the number of airbags from the MKII, and the diagnostics will all be different. Oh did I mention that the MK1 has a mechanical throttle body and the MKII and Cups have a drive by wire. Yet another incompatability.