ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cup Mats

I should be taking delivery of my Cup a week Friday and need to know if the car comes with mats. If not, what would be be suitable (apart from the standard Clio £30 jobbies).

I dont think they do. Mine didnt. Ive had bother getting after market ones to fit - they seem to get stuck under the accelerator. Anyway, Im now going to stump up the £30 and get some standard clio ones - at least theyll fit properly.

Haha, do what i did!

Went to the local Renault garage, asked about mats for the Cup, they offered me 2 types, the normal Clio ones, or some special ones that cost a fortune!

Well, me being me, i got a bit curious, so i ordered the special ones, they turned out to be the sound deadening proper Clio 172 mats (2 front that attached to the floor, and a 1 piece rear mat that carrys on over the tunnel)..............the price difference, £30 for the standard Clio ones.......£150 for the official 172 mats (i only know they are the official ones cos i asked Jeremy to check the part numbers!).

So what you need to do is find someone that owns a 172, then get them pissed one night, and pinch the mats from their car!

Hi

Autostyle will do a fully tailored set, in for example black with blue piping, and a Cup 172 logo. Prices start at about £40 for the cheapest material.

Check out autostyle.com on the net.

To be honest, I havent ordered a pair yet, but cot some from them a couple of years ago for my old 205 GTI andd they were fantastic.

They make the offical ones for lambo and TVR.

Well worth a look.

I have the Autostyles in black, with blue piping, alloy heel plate to match the drilled pedals and a Sport 172 logo. They dont do a Cup logo. The mats fit superbly and are of very high quality. Recommended.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Matt_E on 15 September 2003

I should be taking delivery of my Cup a week Friday and need to know if the car comes with mats.
Nope...